X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Anyone ever try Limburger Cheese?

It's probably kind of a regional midwestern thing and only one cheese factory in Wisconsin still makes it in the USA.

I have to admit I never tried it. My Grandfather loved the stuff but I never could past the horrible smell.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

I've never had it, but I have always been a liiiitttle bit curious because of the references in Looney Tunes and Little Rascals.

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Yeah never had it... but seeing all those mice in the cartoons turn green pretty much ensured i never will.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Never had it either but always wanted to try it. The smell reminded me of someone with bad feet

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Marvelmania
          The smell reminded me of someone with bad feet
          Yes! That's exactly what it smelled like.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Never tried it, but whenever it comes up, I think of this:

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• supes
              For the love of Mego's!
              • Jan 19, 2004

Years ago my aunt and uncle had gotten some to try. They hated it so they threw it outside for the wildlife to eat. Well a racoon ate it, and he was not impressed. He kept making this loud gutteral noise after he ate. So I have never tried it

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Lol I love cheese and am somewhat adventurous. I like many types of strong cheese, including Gorgonzola and Roquefort. Funky cheese in fine by me.

But Limburger? Ugh, I can't get past the smell. I have to draw a line somewhere.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Makernaut
                  I've never had it, but I have always been a liiiitttle bit curious because of the references in Looney Tunes and Little Rascals.
                  That's the only reason I know about that cheese too.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Lol I love cheese and am somewhat adventurous. I like many types of strong cheese, including Gorgonzola and Roquefort. Funky cheese in fine by me.
                  Adventurous, huh? How about cheese with live maggots? I'd try limburger before I would try casu marzu, but I think it's illegal in most places outside of parts of Italy anyway.

Read this and prepare to be disgusted!

Last edited by cjefferys; Jun 3, '18, 2:53 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Somewhat adventurous, but not so much that I'd click on that. Yuck.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Heh, just reading about that cheese gave me nightmares!

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

By the way, I saw a guy in a great Penguin costume this weekend and stupidly didn't realize it would be you. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself (I was at the admission table with Brian when you guys were talking about Penguin cigarettes)

Comment

• glimpy
                          Loco Chango
                          • Feb 5, 2012

it reminds me of a little rascals episode. But I heard it smells like butt.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
                            How about cheese with live maggots? I'd try limburger before I would try casu marzu, but I think it's illegal in most places outside of parts of Italy anyway.
                            Egads, no comparison. Limburger is a perfectly normal cheese if you can get past the strong smell. But the maggot stuff, that's all kinds of wrong.

Comment

• SWBL5252
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jun 12, 2012

I remember from living next door to a fishing lake that this cheese smells so bad fisherman use it to lure the big catfish in.

No thanks lol

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎