X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Clint Walker Cheyenne

I just found out about this earlier today but Clint Walker passed away back on May 21
    of congestive heart failure, he was 90 years old and 8 days short of his 91st birthday.

I really enjoyed his Cheyenne tv show and he also made a few movies,
    some war and some westerns, he had his own website and many fans,
    one of the last of the old school western stars, RIP Clint Walker.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I didn't hear he died either, RIP

LOVED Night of the Grizzly

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, sorry to hear this. He was a mountain of a man. Loved his character in The Dirty Dozen...the gentle giant who lost it one time and killed a man with one punch. You could believe it out of Walker!

He was fancast as a 60s Superman in several places, most notably Michael Eury's book, "Krypton Companion". He would have been one impressive Man of Steel.

RIP, and a real shame that this didn't even make a blip on the social radar.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Wow, sorry to hear this. He was a mountain of a man. Loved his character in The Dirty Dozen...the gentle giant who lost it one time and killed a man with one punch. You could believe it out of Walker!

He was fancast as a 60s Superman in several places, most notably Michael Eury's book, "Krypton Companion". He would have been one impressive Man of Steel.

RIP, and a real shame that this didn't even make a blip on the social radar.

Chris

You know, the first thing I saw him in was either The Dirty Dozen or Send Me No Flowers on TCM and I thought, "Dang, he should've played Superman."

RIP sir.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          You know, the first thing I saw him in was either The Dirty Dozen or Send Me No Flowers on TCM and I thought, "Dang, he should've played Superman."

RIP sir.
          Yup I would agree on Superman. He was really good in The Dirty Dozen, and my wife is a huge Doris Day fan and I mentioned him and reminded her he was in Send Me No Flowers. Send Me No Flowers is a hilarious movie by the way....
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^ It really is! Probably my favorite Doris/Rock vehicle. Tony Randall almost steals it and the Paul Lynde bit is great, too.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

^ It really is! Probably my favorite Doris/Rock vehicle. Tony Randall almost steals it and the Paul Lynde bit is great, too.
              Fo sure! I also like Lover Come Back, it's also a riot.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Paul Lynde is a genius!

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

I hadn’t heard. RIP.

Last edited by hobub; Jun 11, '18, 9:44 PM.

Comment

• hobub
                    Ghost of a Dead Indian
                    • Jun 18, 2001

And this. Very cool. Maybe he’d have lasted a bit longer had he not been pierced through the heart in a skiing accident.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎