Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Supergirl(s), Two-Face and Unmasked Harley!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
    Their complete lack of logic astounds me.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Constantly.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by darkbros
      Supergirl....not a new sculpt, more like just painted differently.
      Looks to me like Jane....

image1
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22938[/ATTACH]

Two Face...Really? I was expecting FTC to do something different something more like this.....
      image2
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22939[/ATTACH]

Guess I'll pass on this one until they Part out the face...Maybe Emerald city or Excelsior can give us this one as a variant?

Harley..meh.

Baby Supergirl, pass.
      Could be the same head sculpt. If it is, then they ALL need to be painted like that. For me, it works. But maybe that's why FTC lists it as, "Supergirl (Dress Variant)", instead of a NEW Supergirl, because it is the same head, just repainted.

BTW, these are all listed for sale on FTC, including a Two-Face Prison Variant.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Looks like the Two-Face is a repaint sculpt. I'd buy the costume from a parts bin but wouldn't need another figure.

I never got their first release Harley and she's sold out. I would get this one. Would be great to offer a swappable masked head with this one. The back of the head looks bald and weird, but straight on looks fine.

Hitherto I'd never seen an odd colored Supergirl outfit like that. The booted one looks good however. The one I have with slippers never stay on the feet.

I kind of wish FTC would just blow up those TT figures and the tiny bodies aren't very good. I wonder why they haven't already attempted to reproduce those figures at a slightly larger scale.

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by warlock664
          Haters gonna hate.
          Constantly.
          Yeah man! And increasingly annoying... One with the never ending whining about the female figure body and head-sculpts and the other with the obsessive compulsive illusion of FTC getting the Marvel license... Not funny anymore...

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

these are up now at the ftc site and the monkees as they appeared in the pilot episode,hope they do them in 8 inch as well.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Boywonder0
              Yeah man! And increasingly annoying... One with the never ending whining about the female figure body and head-sculpts and the other with the obsessive compulsive illusion of FTC getting the Marvel license... Not funny anymore...
              the FTC female bodies and headsculpts get every bit of bashing they deserve.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                the FTC female bodies and headsculpts get every bit of bashing they deserve.
                Agreed! When 20+ mego female bodies hold up better than “brand new” FTC ONES, then yup they get what they deserve.
                And head sculpts are hit or miss..
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

^^^Aw boy! And here's the other one...^^^

Comment

• MEMEGO
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 6, 2007

Sorry to bust your bubbles, both supergirls are horrible/ outfits to baggie and look home made. I hope Mego the original returns sooner than later.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                      ^^^Aw boy! And here's the other one...^^^
                      I guess its ok to blindly plunk down 30 bucks for whatever Kool-Aid FTC churns out. They've done some things well, Batman 66 for one. For every hit there are a LOT of misses. Big Heads: Luthor, Brainiac, Alfred, Bizarro, Solomon Kane, Gordon, Martian Manhunter the latest Batman and I am sure more I am forgetting. Messed up bodies. Just flat out screwed up like Space Ghost and the same Batman I mentioned above. Two neck holed Batgirl, flat headed Catwoman, Starfire and more. I guess you think all that is ok?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 3, 2012

Not to mention horrible horrible quality control issues... search for my posts on captain sivana and cyborg.
                        I find myself more often than not just customizing using parts from FTC, rather than buying figures out right
                        At $30 a pop.
                        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

These looks great. Love that they made "First" Supergirl. Such a rare treat. FTC has plenty of issues, but man alive they have brought us a billion figures I never thought we'd see.

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

these are rather cool ,just ordered a set and extra harley -cute charactor . if the haters hate FTC so much why dont they just impeach anthony balasco .say what you will ,but this guy did indeed bring us
                            a lot of figures we probably would have never ever seen .so please contain your hate or go cry in a corner ,yhank you

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Perhaps the issue is that there is too much praise *and* too much hate sometimes?

Just sayin'...

Oh, and the timing of this was perfect, as I needed another figure to order to get free shipping. I ordered Supergirl (and a few other figures) on Friday. Hopefully the Supergirl shows up at the warehouse today or early this week and start shipping soon.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by TRDouble
                                Perhaps the issue is that there is too much praise *and* too much hate sometimes?

Just sayin'...

Oh, and the timing of this was perfect, as I needed another figure to order to get free shipping. I ordered Supergirl (and a few other figures) on Friday. Hopefully the Supergirl shows up at the warehouse today or early this week and start shipping soon.
                                Lucky duck! I really want this Supergirl.
                                Didn't they say the items would be available as of today (Monday)?

Neither Supergirl is on their website now.
                                I know they were there on Friday though.
                                Harley and Two Face are still there.
                                Wonder what happened.
                                Last edited by Mary Canary; Jun 4, '18, 2:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎