Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

As far as what I'd like to see - as others have mentioned X-Men. Will it happen? Probably not at least at first.
    60s 70s toons wold be col, but they need today's mass buyers. That is not the 60's collector. t is kids. So you need to think kids. Comics lmost killed themselves going after the adult collector and ignoring kids.

Fo the same reason you will not see Game of Thrones. Those are adults. The market for toy buying adults is to small.

Orville - not gonna happen. The show is not aimed at kids and as a sci fi fan, I don't even like it.

Stranger things. Unlikely.

Think current properties with kid appeal, longevity, mass appeal, marketable characters

CW superheroes: that has possibilities.

Netflix herooes or AoS- maybe because of the movie affiliation, but prob not. too adult

Lost in Space - now that has high likelihood

Doctor Who seems a good bet.

Teen Titans animated maybe.

Power Rangers

Juassic Park

Transformers?

What is currently being watched by kids on TV? i think dora is out. i hear a reboot of blue's clues is coming. what cartoons or live shows or movies are kids ages 5 to 12 watching? a mass retail Mego was never designed for the adult cllector. if you like My Little Ponies, you may be pleasantly surprise. if you like GofT prepare to be disappointed.
    Last edited by Brue; Jun 4, '18, 8:09 PM.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

and what about sports figures?

kids and adults would buuy a lebron james or tom brady.

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

Kids are more interested in video games although I’ve known a few that like Stranger Things. I could see Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, God of War, Warcraft, Mass Effect, Destiny, etc being made to attract children and teens. I think that since this is being relaunched I do believe the adult collector will be kept in close consideration as well. I haven’t seen it mentioned but I would not be at all surprised to see characters from Supernatural either. X-Files and Kolchak would be great to be finally realized.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

The good news is that I found out what the new figures are and they are all Star Wars.

The bad news is that they are just different variants of General Madine and the Rancor Keeper. Come on Mego, really?

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
            10-4

- Ian
            More like 6-16

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
              Power Rangers

Transformers?

Hasbro owns Power Rangers. Not gonna happen. Same with Transformers.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by bgiles73
                Kids are more interested in video games...
                Fortnite it is then.

...and the more I think about it....there's nothing on the market...it fits all scales...ohhhboy...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by megomania
                  More like 6-16
                  Touché

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by bgiles73
                    Kids are more interested in video games.... I could see Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, God of War, Warcraft, Mass Effect, Destiny, etc being made to attract children and teens. I think that since this is being relaunched I do believe the adult collector will be kept in close consideration as well. I haven’t seen it mentioned but I would not be at all surprised to see characters from Supernatural either. X-Files and Kolchak would be great to be finally realized...
                    I could see that

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      Hasbro owns Power Rangers. Not gonna happen. Same with Transformers.
                      I'm not saying those are likely, merely that thet i the way you need to think.

And just because a company has a license, in no way rules out Mego. Many properties have licenses for different types of product to different companies. Even Toys that are different enough. Also companies have licenses expire or sold or share.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

And just because a company has a license, in no way rules out Mego.
                        You are absolutely correct.

But with stuff like Power Rangers and GI JOE, Hasbro isn't just a license holder, they totally own the properties.
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 4, '18, 11:12 PM. Reason: typos
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

And just because a company has a license, in no way rules out Mego. Many properties have licenses for different types of product to different companies. Even Toys that are different enough. Also companies have licenses expire or sold or share.
                          This is absolutely true. Remember when Remco could make superhero toys as long as they weren't poseable like the Mego ones? And there has also been examples of different toy companies getting the same license as long as they made their figures in a different scale. Something to consider.

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            ^Mego made plenty of other products besides the super heroes. Sure they were one of their biggest hits, but the history of the company is more than just the super heroes. Who is to say that the NEW Mego won't get back to super heroes eventually. But even if they don't there is a lot history out there for them to pull from, as well as new ventures to go into.

Chris
                            Yeah but Mego made Happy Days, Welcome Back Kotter, Space 1999, Monsters, Knights, Planet of the Apes, Chips, Star Trek, etc. The Marvel/DC thing is what made them Mego. And I say it again, modern kids in general are not going to be interested in Mego style figures. They had better maximize the collector market who are actually interested in this type of figure. Marvel and DC are the heavy hitters in that market, Star Wars and Star Trek are up there, but I don't see any Star Wars megos being made at least not any good ones. There would have to be a lot of unique parts and tooling, alien and droid parts, etc. It would be expensive if they didn't go lame.

We all have side want lists of shows and junk that would be cool, but today's Mego is not going to be able to be the Mego of the 70s. In the 70s it was the style of figure was hot and they could make any license and it would sell some. Today the style of figure is not as hot, they will have to hit big licenses to carry any smaller ones later.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Not Welcome Back Kotter...

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I know, right?

Frankly, at this point I'd take an improved Dinah mite, and Don
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎