Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

wasn't the original star wars run 12 figures?

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      been thinking about the number 20. The original run of Kenner Star Wars figures for Episode 4 was 20 figures.
      Oh Man! You had to say that didn't you?!! God I want you to be right!
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
        The last Kenner Star Wars card backs were 21 figures with Boba Fett.
        I was just looking at the characters from plain old regular Star Wars, not counting Fett. The retailer could be Disney, too. They use other manufacturers for in house theme parks and Disney Stores merchandise. Although they have tried a similar format already for SW and Avengers.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

I don't think this is what's coming, but it would be mighty cool if it were. Never occurred to me to even think this was a possibility, though, and it's pretty fun to think about. Mego returns with the property that it once turned down. Gotta admit, it would be pretty sweet. Especially since "The Toys That Made Us" made a pretty big deal out of Mego turning down Star Wars. I got a kick out of Marty's response which was pretty much (shrug) "Whattayagonnado". Now that could be because he is just a cool dude. Or it might be because he's a cool dude with an ace in the hole. We'll know soon enough.
          Last edited by Makernaut; Jun 2, '18, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

It's not 20 new characters in 1 line but across different licenses isn't it? And besides classic MEGO 8" cloth what will the other formats be, 12"? Pocket Heroes?

Anyway of course I want Mego 8" Star Wars. I wish MEGO had gotten the license in 1977especially after hearing Marty say Star Wars was a dagger in Mego"'s heart in the Star Trek episode. Looking back I was 8 in 1978 and would have accepted anything called a Star Wars figure even a paper doll. I cannot believe kids then including me started favoring Kenner Star Wars figures over Megos. Those 1st 12 even 21 SW figures were crude compared to the higher quality MEGO 8" Star Trek for example that actually had the actors' likenesses. For 40 years now Kenner Hasbro SW have never resembled the actors'..

Maybe MEGO is coming back with Star Wars. A deal might have been struck with Disney for Marvel and Star Wars. Indiana Jones, too?

2 more weeks and we shall see!
            Last edited by ovenmitt; Jun 2, '18, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by ovenmitt
              It's not 20 new characters in 1 line but across different licenses isn't it? And besides classic MEGO 8" cloth what will the other formats be, 12"? Pocket Heroes?
              Marty did say that there will be more than one scale, that's all that can be said for now.

Comment

• scoth70
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 17, 2008

sounds great
                hopefully these will be as vintage looking as mego first time round style and all.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Didn't know if it was stated that it was one line or different ones.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kerowack
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 27, 2008

I’m betting it’s star Trek. Next gen or discovery or the captains. I can’t see Star Wars but maybe I’m wrong. Honestly anything other than marvel and I’m not going to be losing my mind. Still happy for all.

Comment

• kerowack
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 27, 2008

I’m also guessing stranger things or a more modern show along those lines.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 9, 2013

I went to the Meet yesterday and the announcement was definitely something I was looking forward to seeing. After getting some great deals, meeting some awesome people and listening to Marty talk, I in no way even begin to feel anything like disappointment. It was a great time. I actually don't think the lack of the reveal or any certain thing not acuring could turn a Mego Meet into a non-event. So in another two weeks I'll have another very Mego-like day, that's good. Patience is a virtue and a small price to pay on the road for new Mego. My thanks to everyone involved for a great experience.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Darth Vader and 19 Stormtroopers!
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• greensavage2000
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 9, 2013

I don't think I can even hazard a guess. I'm not trying to be a downer but I bet Star Wars is way too expensive to be an option. That being said I bet Marty would love to make them.
                            I guess I lied. I will take a stab at guessing: Star Trek, something from DC or something nobody sees coming like Valient, Invincible or Walking Dead. Oh I just had another thought musical artists maybe. Who knows? Well, some know but they ain't talkin'. Either way there will be new Megos. How cool.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

If they were working with a retailer that already had the rights like Disney, Star Wars would not be all that expensive to pursue. Diamond had the Star Trek and Universal Monsters already so that's how EMCE pulled those off.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

It is so exciting to hear that Mego... MEGO itself, will be back! Can't understand why anyone would be disappointed with this announcement or that there isn't more to share at this point. The internet has ruined surprises and reasonable expectations when anticipating movies, toys, tv, ...anything. We are so used to having ultra transparency in a business or corporation that we're spoiled, sometimes to the point of being bratty about it.

Just pretend you read a Heroes World ad in a comic that says Mego is coming back this year. There, feel better now?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎