Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

I was just thinking maybe they revisit Doc's War of the Dead figures. They were really cool looking.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by cjefferys
      The good news is that I found out what the new figures are and they are all Star Wars.

The bad news is that they are just different variants of General Madine and the Rancor Keeper. Come on Mego, really?
      No offence but, why is that good news. I'd rather see expansions, redo's with better sculpts and clothing as well as releasing some the figures that FTC did that weren't could've been done much better.
      Gilligan's island, Munster's to name a few. Plus they could add Addams family and the Star Trek line for classic alone would be A GREAT BIG JAR OF AWESOME SAUCE.
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
        Career Member
        • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
        I'm not seeing it.

LOL!
        Now, that's funny...

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by tjacwave50
          Yes FTC is doing Batman vehicles already with the Batmobile and BatLab and Batcycle (I think) hopefully it continues to the helicopter and the BatBoat which was never made, how cool would the BatBoat be in your swimming pool with 66 Batman and Robin inside, and that sonic blast ray gun Robin used to surface Penguin's submarine.

As far as Star Trek, I'm hoping they skip the figures already out, and focus on what's yet to be made, like Harry Mudd, Nurse Chapel and Marta Orion Slave Girl, and many others, but a Shuttle craft for say 2 figures and a Galileo seven shuttle would make this Trekkie very happy.
          Competition is what capitalism is based on. The manufacturer with the best toys wins!

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            20 new figures is great news, just curious if that means figures mego original never made like, the Flash, Green Lantern, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Black Panther, Sulu, Chekov etc.
            All he has to do is take notes from Captain Dunsel and Dave MC. The lines will sell. It's all about the sculpts and quality of clothing. I would love to see Classic, and other Trek, Munsters, All Gilligan's Island castaways, Lost in Space, DC and Marvel, Archer, The Tick, Ghostbusters, Back to the future, Predator, Terminator, Austin Powers, Monster Squad, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Vampirella, Lady Death, Purgatory, Freddy Kreuger, Jayson. Groovy Goulies.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
              All he has to do is take notes from Captain Dunsel and Dave MC. The lines will sell. It's all about the sculpts and quality of clothing. I would love to see Classic, and other Trek

Spot on Brother!! I own original Dunsel's...and the are AWESOME!!
              sigpic

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by cjefferys View Post

The good news is that I found out what the new figures are and they are all Star Wars.

The bad news is that they are just different variants of General Madine and the Rancor Keeper. Come on Mego, really?No offence but, why is that good news. I'd rather see expansions, redo's with better sculpts and clothing as well as releasing some the figures that FTC did that weren't could've been done much better.
                Gilligan's island, Munster's to name a few. Plus they could add Addams family and the Star Trek line for classic alone would be A GREAT BIG JAR OF AWESOME SAUCE.
                Didn't I read where they are not focusing so much on the collector base and I replied to pat yourselves on the back none the less for credit for not letting go of this during the past couple decades? Star wars is huge. Even Disneyword decided to redefine Hollywood studios and take down some of their iconic vintage rides because they are going after the brass ring. The youngsters and Starwars is kind of like Football. Remember when in the 70's it was big but now it's HUGE? that's because the kids of the 70s have been sharing it with their kids and not only that, they've been bringing out new stuff for all to indulge in and growing to a monstrosity of a marketing item. Everyone it seems wants Star Wars. (Just like me, I want westerns, I want historical stuff. But that puts me out of touch with the bulk of the marketing focus and no one really cares.) after all, it's about the bottom dollar. If the Munsters and Gilligans Island and the Beverly Hillbillies and Gunsmoke and the Lone Ranger and all this stuff from our past was embedded into the current culture, sure it would take off but the likelihood of it happening is slim to none at this point. It's all stuff from the past and Star Wars and things looking toward space and AI and such are the future. I'll keep looking back to keep my ship in focus. But that's just me. I'm glad to see Mego is back but they are going to do what they think is right for them to succeed. I'm sure of that.
                Last edited by hobub; Jul 1, '18, 8:19 AM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I was going to say something but now I'm not. Don't mind me.
                  Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Jul 1, '18, 9:49 AM.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

Star Wars, Marvel, DC, WWE ,Power Rangers, and Transformers sell at retail and good luck with most of those favorite old shows because they will not sell a thousand figures. I like
                    Kolckak the Night stalker but like most of the other choices 40 or 50 years too late for retail.
                    Neca tried an 8'' Rocky and POA Taylor that didn't sell well and sat on the shelf for months
                    at the old Toys R us. I will not buy something just because of a company name unless it is
                    really cool

Comment

• Mary Canary
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 21, 2017

Has anyone considered they may not follow their old format, with the multi-jointed figures in fabric clothing?
                      I know that's what MEGO stands for in so many minds.
                      But it's 40 years later.
                      What if they decide to do something like Funko and put out pre-posed vinyl figures?
                      Would people care just because it's MEGO, or do you think in order to make a splash they have to go with the 8" classic styling since it's what they were known for?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

What if it's all a big elaborate prank?

Comment

• rodkeith
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2008

I think they're going with standard 8" style Mego figures, hopefully with bodies updated in some form. Honestly, I don't think they'll make much of an impact with a return unless they go with one of the biggest properties. I'm betting on either Star Wars or Marvel. Or both. They need to get people who are not Mego collectors to get excited about these things.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            What if it's all a big elaborate prank?
                            Oh, Lonnie! Don't even think that!
                            JediJaida

Comment

• RonnyG
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                              Has anyone considered they may not follow their old format, with the multi-jointed figures in fabric clothing?
                              I know that's what MEGO stands for in so many minds.
                              But it's 40 years later.
                              What if they decide to do something like Funko and put out pre-posed vinyl figures?
                              Would people care just because it's MEGO, or do you think in order to make a splash they have to go with the 8" classic styling since it's what they were known for?
                              I hope they stick with their old format. Their figures were classics!
                              Last edited by RonnyG; Jul 5, '18, 9:11 AM.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 14, 2012

First new Mego license announced...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡