Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Thanks, Doc! Glad press release is early July a few weeks away! And figures will go on sell at SDCC and be available at the mass market retailer in August! We get NEW Megos this Summer after 35 years! I was expecting closer to Christmas. Super News!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Will there be exclusive figures at SDCC? That would be cool.

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

I’m hoping the retailer is Super 7. They seem to have a good knack for retro lines with 3 3/4” Reaction Figures, Masters of the Universe type figures, Shoguns, etc. They knocked it out of the park with Alien and Planet of the Apes. They are also redoing Universal Monsters in 3 3/4”. They are going after some great licenses (Hope Star Trek Reaction 3 3/4”will get a Second chance!) and I just think that Mego is a natural choice for product to bring back!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by bgiles73
          I’m hoping the retailer is Super 7. They seem to have a good knack for retro lines with 3 3/4” Reaction Figures, Masters of the Universe type figures, Shoguns, etc. They knocked it out of the park with Alien and Planet of the Apes. They are also redoing Universal Monsters in 3 3/4”. They are going after some great licenses (Hope Star Trek Reaction 3 3/4”will get a Second chance!) and I just think that Mego is a natural choice for product to bring back!
          I'm really hoping the retailer is one who has both an Internet presence as well as brick-and-mortar stores (TARGET, Hot Topic, Think Geek) so those of us who still like to pick stuff up the "old-fashioned" way can still do so. Plus, being able to pick one up in hand at a retailer allows for QCs and no shipping costs....
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Buying from a store is way better than waiting for the mail to come.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              Buying from a store is way better than waiting for the mail to come.
              Would be much more in the MEGO tradition I'm used to! LOL! I still remember running down the aisle at Lionel PLAYWORLD in absolute awe of all the MEGOs on the shelves! I'd love to have that experience again, albeit on a somewhat small scale, I'm sure...
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by jayraytee
                Hmmm retail. That doesn't give me any high hopes.
                Why not?

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I have to admit, I'm disappointed in having to wait a month, but since this is going to be a HUGE reveal, I'm going to just sit back and wait. I'm just sorry that can't swing a trip to SDCC. Im going to Disneyworld next week, and for Labor Day, I will be at DragonCon. I hope that there will be a Mego dealer there.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Would love to see the Mego logo on NECA's SDDC Guillermo del Toro exclusive. Just sayin'!

Kidding aside, the power of such a marriage of Mego with Super7 or NECA or Medicom would be flippin' 21st C supercool! Old school/new school kindred spirit mojo!

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Someone here, I can't remember who, did an absolutely gorgeous Zorro figure.

Would anyone like to see that license picked up?
                      JediJaida

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

How about...Nick Fury and The Howling Commandos?! Think about it...it could be like an Action Jackson/G.I. Joe type line? After you do Nick and the rest of the Commandos, you could do German Soldiers, British, Russian, ETC...

Maybe even a WW2 Cap & Bucky?
                        sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                          I'm really hoping the retailer is one who has both an Internet presence as well as brick-and-mortar stores (TARGET, Hot Topic, Think Geek) so those of us who still like to pick stuff up the "old-fashioned" way can still do so. Plus, being able to pick one up in hand at a retailer allows for QCs and no shipping costs....
                          Hmmm.....Fortnite at Hot Topic would be yuge....

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            Some of us will NEVER get a facebook account! Facebook won't let us see anything if we don't get an account. It's a garbage site in my opinion.
                            ^^^What he said^^^

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 12, 2014

It would be so cool if is Marvel and the retailer is the Disney store. Think about what FTC is doing, with all the characters and different lines they are doing. If Mego could do that with Marvel! Wow, I think my head would explode. I would be the poorest guy in NJ. Imagine an Avengers series with Starfox, Sersi, Dr Druid and Gilgamesh. Giant-man and Goliath on a 12" body. I know its just a pipe dream but I see all these DC figures getting made, I just wish Marvel had that same kind of scope in Mego form. Im not sure how to explain it but it feels like Mego fans/collectors are getting cheated. Since both companies were represented in the WGSH line, it seems like they both should be present now. I know we had the EMCE/DST stuff but that was very limited. Its like jelly without peanut butter or ham without cheese. I get the license thing between Hasbro and Marvel. But I think its time somebody figures out we need these. We will see every character ever imagined by DC and we still dont have a Dr Doom. Its a nice dream anyway.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
                                It would be so cool if is Marvel and the retailer is the Disney store. Think about what FTC is doing, with all the characters and different lines they are doing. If Mego could do that with Marvel! Wow, I think my head would explode. I would be the poorest guy in NJ. Imagine an Avengers series with Starfox, Sersi, Dr Druid and Gilgamesh. Giant-man and Goliath on a 12" body. I know its just a pipe dream but I see all these DC figures getting made, I just wish Marvel had that same kind of scope in Mego form. Im not sure how to explain it but it feels like Mego fans/collectors are getting cheated. Since both companies were represented in the WGSH line, it seems like they both should be present now. I know we had the EMCE/DST stuff but that was very limited. Its like jelly without peanut butter or ham without cheese. I get the license thing between Hasbro and Marvel. But I think its time somebody figures out we need these. We will see every character ever imagined by DC and we still dont have a Dr Doom. Its a nice dream anyway.
                                Its too bad the FTC figures don't have better quality. It would only take a few tweaks and a lot more quality control to sharpen them up, but I find myself increasingly frustrated when I buy from them because every single time there is a problem... Would you rather have poorly made figures that disappoint? Or no figures? That is kind of the dilemma I have with FTC at this point. I don't want to keep buying from them if they are just junky. For what they charge I shouldn't have a complaint or a need to customize/fix anything on my own.

I have been wondering how FTC will be impacted by New Mego, if at all...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎