Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

If the big cheeses are reading this...please...PLEASE do an ALIEN line.

Humans: Ripley, Bishop (ok, Android, lol), Vasquez, Hicks, Hudson, Dallas. Xenomorphs: Big Chap, Dog Alien, Alien Queen. Ships: Nostromo, Sulaco, Derelict Ship, APC. Weapons: Pulse Rifle, Incinerator, Smartgun...

...do that...and I’ll buy every single figure twice...at least...
    Absolutely Hector. I am definitely on board for the Alien Nostromo crew, and Aliens Hadleys Hope colony sequel marines, Xenomorphs. This is my long wish list.

I will also wish for Star Trek:TOS (unproduced Orion Vina slave girl, Rand, a better Pike with blue jacket, #1 from the Cage with blue jacket, Nurse Chapel, Decker, Sarek, Amanda, Harry Mudd, Kang, Kor, Romulan female and male commanders, Romulan Kirk, Under the influence of the spores smiling Spock, Klingon female, Ruk, Dr. Corby, Andrea, Capt. Tracey, Lt. Riley, Edith Keeler, Dr. Boma, T'Pau, T'Pring, Marlena, Losira, Lt. Desalle, Miramanee, Lt. Kyle.
    Star Trek:The Next Generation (All of the bridge crew, Barclay, Ensign Ro Laren, Q, Chief O'Brien, Gowron, Lursa, B'Etor, Yar, K'Ehleyr, Lwaxana Troi, new Borg figure, Nausicaan.
    Deep Space Nine (Quark, Dabo girl Leeta, Kira, Jake and Capt. Sisko, Jadzia and Ezri Dax, Worf, Odo, Bashir, Garak, Grand Nagus Zek, Iska, Rom, Brunt, Damar, Ducat, Keiko O'Brien,Jem'Hadar soldier, Weyoun.
    ST:Voyager crew including Kes. Borg Queen, Lon Suder, Seska, Vidiians.
    ST:Enterprise crew, Shran.
    Star Trek movies with Ilia, Saavik, Valeris, Commander Kruge, Chancellor Gorkon, Chang, Martia, Klingons! ST II bridge crew in maroon uniforms especially.
    X-Files Scully, Mulder, Smoking CGB man, Skinner, Tooms, Monica Reyes, John Doggett, Alex Krychek, The Lone Gunmen, Alvin Kersh, Flukeman, Agent Follmer, fake Cher with The Great Mutato, and Leonard Betts.
    Star Wars original trilogy
    Marvel 80's Avengers inspired by George Perez - Ant-Man, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, The Vision, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Monica Rambeau 1982 Captain Marvel, Yellowjacket, Blue furry Beast! Super-Skrulls, Nitro, Original Captain Marvel, The New Defenders Valkyrie, Gargoyle, Iceman, Angel, Moondragon. Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Silver Surfer, Tarantula, The Jackal, Sandman, Rhino, Juggernaut, She-Hulk, Mysterio, Vulture, Doc Ock, Morbius, Kraven the hunter, Venom, Thanos, Guardians of The Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Colossus, Cyclops, Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, The Blob, Sentinels, Psylocke, Toad, The Wrecking Crew, Dr. Doom, Galactus, Baron Blood, Hobgoblin, Serpent Squad/Society, Nova, Ghost Rider, War Machine, Scorpion, Grey Gargoyle, Grim Reaper, Whirlwind, Graviton, Shocker, Spider-Woman, Hellcat, Nighthawk, Taskmaster, Loki, Mephisto, Dormammu, Firestar, Klaw, Blastaar. Lou Ferrigno Hulk.
    The Thing Antarctica movie cast (80's classic)
    Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis The Fly movie
    Monty Python Holy Grail cast
    Xena, Gabrielle
    The Monster Squad movie monsters
    Robocop cast
    Big Trouble In Little China cast
    Original Lost In Space cast and aliens
    First two Terminator films casts
    Three Amigos cast
    Spaceballs cast
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• tmthor
      God of Knock-offs
      • Nov 29, 2005

I don't know I will agree with the other poster here I have a feeling the retailer is most likely EE. which means the figures could be anything? I don't see Walmart or Target wanting to carry a "nitch" market item. Maybe Target in their "collector" section but IDK. And I think we can rule out Star Wars (Hasbro has the license) Star Trek (McFarlane has the “master toy license” whatever that means) Marvel (Hasbro has the license) Micronauts (Marvel owns them now not just a license). Now maybe they could get away with “retro” figures but not sure if they would sell you know at EE they might be a little more then if they were at say Walmart. I like many would love them to make more figures that would fit in with our collections to make them bigger IE Apes or Buck Rogers, but I think we will have to wait and see what happens. Personally, to be a big player again they will have to hit new licenses that will or could alienate the fan base.

Comment

• tmthor
        God of Knock-offs
        • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Bionicfanboy66
        The Orville maybe? That would be a fun way for Mego to relaunch. Also thinking if the new stuff is aimed towards we adult age collectors, then the FXX series Archer would also be an interesting license.
        I would be so down with Orville figures......awwww hell yes that would make too much sense to ever be true

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Thundercats and Silverhawks! Yeah, I know, it's not gonna happen. It would be super cool though.

I would love to see a Mego Secret Wars line if they can get the Marvel license.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

They said the first wave of figures needs to be very well received. For that to happen, it’s going to have to be figures that have very broad appeal. To me, that means something along the lines of Marvel or Star Wars. It doesn’t have to be those specifically but something with the same broad appeal.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mego Magyar
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

While the original Micronauts are not possible I'd love to see the Marvel Comics version

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                • Feb 19, 2010

I know I have not been commenting for quite some time now, but I really would love to see Mego tackle the classic Battlestar Galactica license and really do it the justice it deserves. It is the 40th anniversary anyway and Mego I belive would do a great job. They could even do adventure sets for the figures like their artic gear from "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero" instead of doing variations. Also would love to see Mego do classic Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants and Time Tunnel.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Don't know why they haven't made The Walking Dead Mego's yet

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

I'd be happy to see a Classic Dracula series, with all of the portrayals.
                    From Lugosi, to Lee, to Langella, to the newest guy. Just skip over Nosferatu and all of the ugly ones.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• tmthor
                      God of Knock-offs
                      • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Teemu
                      Don't know why they haven't made The Walking Dead Mego's yet
                      Because McFarlane toys has the license most likely

Comment

• Jason73
                        Correctamundo!
                        • Jan 11, 2009

I remember on an old Mego Museum podcast episode (remember those?) Doc Mego saying that Lego would block any attempt to rebrand the name Mego as a toy due to it's similar sound/spelling. Has this been resolved?
                        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jan 22, 2018

I'd also like to see musicians like The Beatles (in all their different eras), Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, etc. done in a 8-inch Mego form.
                          https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Jason73
                            I remember on an old Mego Museum podcast episode (remember those?) Doc Mego saying that Lego would block any attempt to rebrand the name Mego as a toy due to it's similar sound/spelling. Has this been resolved?
                            I believe Marty commented on that and said it had been resolved

Comment

• wise guy
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 29, 2014

With no Toys r us, I don't see how these would sell at retail Mego name, or not. The original
                              Mego T-2 body was much better than the Emce bodies , and Marvel liscence of
                              80.00 a figure( that Diamond stated) is an issue. I hope this works out and not more
                              Waltons, Starsky and Hutch,Cavemen,Robinhood etc. I would like a bunch of new
                              Mad Monsters but Figures might have the rights to those

Comment

• tmthor
                                God of Knock-offs
                                • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by wise guy
                                With no Toys r us, I don't see how these would sell at retail Mego name, or not. The original
                                Mego T-2 body was much better than the Emce bodies , and Marvel liscence of
                                80.00 a figure( that Diamond stated) is an issue. I hope this works out and not more
                                Waltons, Starsky and Hutch,Cavemen,Robinhood etc. I would like a bunch of new
                                Mad Monsters but Figures might have the rights to those
                                The monsters would be fine due to public domain

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎