X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmthor
    God of Knock-offs
    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
    At the 'Meet, Abrams implied, (nearly stated actually), he wouldn't revive Mego if it meant "a few hundred units". I took that to mean he has no keen interest in the adult collector.

If we get something along those lines, I believe it's going to be from Doc as a ridealong. So the retailer wants 4" and Doc gets an order for 8".
    I would say it's a sure bet the retailer picked Mego for the retro look. I would put money on everything will be 8-12 inches no 3 1\4 -4" as been said on other sites that scale is dead which for me sucks cause that's what I collect most.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by wise guy
      Mego is a name to me and the 8 '' retros would need the T-2 body( blue trunks) and not
      modern crappy Emce figures that fall apart as soon as you open them like my Capt.Eli,
      Sea Ghost, Capt. Canuck etc.

I do agree that the older Doc Mego(EMCE)Bodies would split at the Torso and suck the arms inside. However, I just opened my EMCE DareDevil set and the body is Excellent! It's a softer more "Mego like" plastic! It's not to tightly strung and it stands well, I have zero complaints at this time. If this is the new Mego body...then I'm happy with it.
      sigpic

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by tjacwave50
        That is true, mego is supposed to come out with other items besides 8 inch figures, I would like to see vehicles
        make a comeback like the Spidey car, Green Arrow car, Captain America car, and new stuff like the BatBoat which
        mego never added to the Batman vehicle line, and how happy I would be if new mego came out with a Star Trek
        shuttle craft Galileo seven vehicle to say fit 4-6 figures, I would be standing in the warehouse parking lot to get that.
        Hey Tom,
        FTC has the DC license and they are doing the Batman vehicles.
        Maybe Marty can get the Marvel license from Hasbro, but it may still have to be the $80 figure sets.
        I think they will be able to do Stat Trek stuff but to what extreme idk.
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by tmthor
          I would say it's a sure bet the retailer picked Mego for the retro look. I would put money on everything will be 8-12 inches no 3 1\4 -4" as been said on other sites that scale is dead which for me sucks cause that's what I collect most.
          I would like nothing more than to see a full 8-inch line in store, but

1. What license is truly available that can take up that can of peg space at a major retailer and

2. Attract a wider audience beyond adult collectors?

Some post-TRU industry stories have said Target and Walmart are planning to curate Mattel and Hasbro products pretty heavily. I'm expecting a number of their licenses to become exclusive to either store. IOW, Barbie and Marvel only available at Target, Transformers and DC at Walmart.

BUT...if it's Hot Topic, then yeah it can be whatever license, and all they have to do to make space is cut the Great Wall of Funko in half.

Actually, the firm that owns Topic is considering buying Gamestop...Mego Fortnite would be a way to revamp Gamestop into more than a trade-in store...

...all my chips are on Fortnite. The timing is perfect.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I saw a Walmart toy commercial on ABC this morning. Looked like it may have been some exclusive to the store. Maybe Mego is coming to a Walmart near you.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by BATMAN89
              Hey Tom,
              Maybe Marty can get the Marvel license from Hasbro, but it may still have to be the $80 figure sets.
              And Mcfarlane has the Star Trek license.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                And Mcfarlane has the Star Trek license.
                Yes, but if they make a shuttle craft I doubt it would be made to fit 8" megos, it most likely wouldn't be in scale, but I still would possibly pick it up just to have it, depending on the price tag.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                  Hey Tom,
                  Yes FTC is doing Batman vehicles already with the Batmobile and BatLab and Batcycle (I think) hopefully it continues to the helicopter and the BatBoat which was never made, how cool would the BatBoat be in your swimming pool with 66 Batman and Robin inside, and that sonic blast ray gun Robin used to surface Penguin's submarine.

As far as Star Trek, I'm hoping they skip the figures already out, and focus on what's yet to be made, like Harry Mudd, Nurse Chapel and Marta Orion Slave Girl, and many others, but a Shuttle craft for say 2 figures and a Galileo seven shuttle would make this Trekkie very happy.

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

LOL My son wants to be a Mego Ambassador but at 13 he is too young. He told me he can't wait to review the new figures on his Youtube toy reviews

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

LOL My son wants to be a Mego Ambassador but at 13 he is too young. He told me he can't wait to review the new figures on his Youtube toy reviews
                      That's awesome, please share those here.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Yeah, I second that! I'd love to hear what he has to say.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Will do. He already has august 1st marked on his calendar. Just be kind he is only 13 and still learning lol. But he is just as excited as the rest of us.
                          Last edited by tmthor; Jun 22, '18, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

I have been trying to think of a property they could be doing that would have enough crossover appeal to make it a hit not just with adult collectors but also kids.
                            As many have pointed out, most of the top properties are taken... Star Wars, DC... not sure kids today care about Star Trek or at least any Treks prior to the rebooted films.

I was thinking maybe the new Netflix Lost in Space could be something Mego would do.
                            I have a couple of episodes left to watch in the series, so no spoilers please, but didn't it draw huge viewership right out of the gate?
                            And there's already a season 2 on the way...

I don't know. As others have pointed out, what are kids really into these days?
                            Sure, they like the superheroes and Star Wars and Jurassic Park - but it seems like they can explore these franchises with Lego, computer games, and other activities outside of action figures.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

I'm still bullish on Fortnite, but...

...a "Welcome to Marwen" tie-in with an appearance by Steve Carrell at SDCC would really hit the target.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

How about Black Sails?
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎