X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

BMC Toys

I am really impressed by BMC toys, their playsets and figures.

I liked the look of them so much that I bought one of their Bombed Farm Houses.

I think they make pretty cool toys, and the sets can be used for many things.French Farm House.jpg

BMC Bombed Farm House.jpg
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

What size is that?
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Plastic army men size
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

Yes. Like for around two inch figures. I noticed they they made a Tiger Tank and a Sherman Tank, and a set that comes with the plastic Army figures.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

Another photograph to show it's size with a mini-figure.

It is a partial roof, and it is removable.

It only has the one 'battle damaged' floor.

One day, I can get some Marx figures and have them point their rifles through about every window. I suppose that I could glue a ledge in there so that all windows can be used as rifle ports.

It just reminds me so much of the plastic tower version of a Marx Fort, something was so cool about looking through those gun slits. Especially the kneeling position, low to the floor, gun ports, for some reason. Figure and Farm House 2018.jpg

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

A view from one of the sides.

It can be used for a few different time periods, that are years apart.

It's mainly sold as a structure that was still in use in the first half of the 1940's.

Farm House less damaged side 2018.jpg

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

I was also thinking that this building might be fun for an Avengers mini-figure epic struggle that takes place somewhere in Europe. The display could feature a dozen or so Superheroes. The damage to the farm house was caused by huge energy beams or something and now Earth's Mightiest Heroes make a last stand.

The heroes could be posed fighting all over the place, in the yard, windows, platform, roof, and on top of the walls, etc.

It might soon be time to get out the fishing line to have the Superheroes use their superpowers from the sky, by way of hovering above the farm house, and attached to the play room's/model room's ceiling.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

The Guns of Navarone.

Now, I can place the farm house with what is left of my old Navarone Mountain.

Navarone 2018.jpg

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎