Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Intellivision game console coming from some of original system's developers.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Oh wow. I'd have paid more attention to this if I'd known it would be so artistic. That's a thing of beauty.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Second round of those up for pre-order at the end of the month. $279 for the Vintage Woodgrain version. $249 for Graphite Black or Glacier White.

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

Preordered mine yesterday.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

I'm looking forward to the amico. It looks like it'll be a great console choice for those who liked the original wii. I hope alot of early eighies intellivision games are offered on it. To this day, I hate INTL emulation because I want those oddball controllers and the flashback didnt have my favorite game: burgertime!

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Saw the Evel Knievel game they plan on doing. I am so getting one now.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Just got a press release today of the sports games they are doing. Cornhole will be an easy pass for me. Also saw the video for Cloudy Mountain. Very cool how it scrolls like the original. Plus this time multi-player.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Release date has been pushed back to April.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

More retro goodness announced. Breakout,Moon Patrol,Lode Runner,Burger Time,Lock 'N Chase and Bump 'n' Jump.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

They just abandoned the Trademark. This is, unsurprisingly, never going to happen.

After announcing major staff reductions and IP licensing last month, the Intellivision Amico's trademark has now been abandoned.

The whole thing had been a cluster from the beginning.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

If the whole thing does go Tango Uniform, it will be a shame as it seemed to be a cool and intriguing project.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Apparently the trademark is live once again on the United States Patent and Trademark Office website.
                        Seems that rather than request a further extension on the existing trademark, Intellivision instead opted to file for a brand new one back in June.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

Got an email from them today.
                          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Me too. It was good to hear that the Amico is still going ahead. Hopefully they can lock in their release timeframe soon.

Greetings,

This is Phil Adam, CEO of Intellivision. I had planned to respond sooner with the company status, but the team has been working through some production pipeline bugs that have delayed this update. As I've stated previously, updates from myself will be made when material facts are available and relevant. That being said, here are a few updates.

1. One of the primary goals for the small pilot run was to uncover any issues in the production pipeline before starting a larger production run. Fortunately, we did catch one significant problem. Diagnosing this issue and implementing a solution was a significant effort and caused a delay. The symptoms pointed to a bug in the controller firmware, but that was not the case. The problem was an order-of-operations issue when provisioning the console on the production line with its unique identifiers and security keys. The error manifested on the next reboot in a way that looked like a controller bug. With that resolved, the path is clear to finish the pilot run in the next few weeks.

2. We signed a licensing deal with BBG Entertainment GmbH, the details of which will be announced later. Here is a quote from Stephan Berendsen, Managing Director:

"We are very pleased to have licensed four Amico games and the original game versions from Intellivision. For the past three years we have been working with Intellivision on the development of our games DYNABLASTER and BRAINDUEL for Amico. We are excited about Amico and hope that customers will be as well. We are looking forward to offering the four licensed Amico games and original Intellivision versions on other platforms soon.”

3. We have another partnership deal that will ensure that 2 of our most anticipated IPs will be available across multiple platforms as well as Amico. The details of that relationship will be announced at a later time. The target for these IPs is simultaneously (or later) with the Amico release.

Given that we will have a limited number of Amico units initially, these partnerships will get the games into more hands who have been waiting to play while helping get the word out to a larger audience. As stated above, we are doing everything we can to make sure that we have a stable system before starting production. That is a key milestone in moving forward.

I would like to thank you again for your support, and thank you to our internal team and external developers that work tirelessly to create a family gaming experience on Amico that brings people of different ages and skills together in group play.

Phil Adam, CEO
                            Last edited by Bruce Banner; Aug 31, '22, 6:51 AM.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Mike and his youngest son Spencer take SHARK! SHARK! on the Intellivision Amico console for a spin!Mike and his family have been pilot testing the #intellivi...
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

meh. I'm over this now. I'm thinking of getting one of those new retro 2600 systems. The 2600+ plays both 2600 and 7800 carts. Then there's the Game Station Pro.Not only does it come with 200 Atari games built in,you can also use the Micro SD card slot to add more games. Saw a video on You Tube in which you can play 2600,5200 and 7800 games. Then with the Micro SD card you can also play NES,Game Boy,Game Boy Advance and Sega Genesis games.
                                Last edited by jwyblejr; Nov 27, '23, 5:06 PM. Reason: wrong game system listed

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎