Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phantom figure... first version???

Images
    ^Thank you! That work is honestly the highlight of my career. I drew the Phantom on official merchandise. Pretty damn cool.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Hey Sorry to be late to the party... That is in fact the prototype figure used for production photos and patterns... that's just about as rare as it gets... one of one for sure.

Confgrats!

Dave
    Last edited by David Lee; Jun 11, '18 at 12:47 PM.
    Castaway Toys... bringing back the action!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    Hey Sorry to be late to the party... That is in fact the prototype fugue used for production photos and patterns... that's just about as rare as it gets... one of one for sure.

Confgrats!

Dave
    Doesn't get any more "confirmed" than that!

Congrats, kit walker!

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    Hey Sorry to be late to the party... That is in fact the prototype fugue used for production photos and patterns... that's just about as rare as it gets... one of one for sure.

Confgrats!

Dave
    WOW! Thanks David!

Really an unexpected find... I bought the figure just because the trenchcoat was different, I had no idea what the figure looked like under that trenchcoat so I took a chance! A lucky purchase, no doubt about it

Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    Doesn't get any more "confirmed" than that!

Congrats, kit walker!
    Thanks Makernaut!

All of this depresses me greatly... In that, Cast-a-way was doing SUCH amazing stuff back then. Phantom is still a highlight piece, arguably the best Re-Mego ever made.

I feel like they could redo all of these again and sell like gangbusters.

But alas, CAW never recovered after. Imagine if they could have done more of these, Rocketeer, or other Pulp heroes. What might have been.

Images
    Well funny you should say that... Now PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, I am not saying we will re-visit any past properties, but Castaway Toys is far from dead. I am not sure how we will move into the future, but I can say this. Jason and I are back in business together, he is bringing the tooling for the modern female body and we are partners in all of the molds from recent years including the Type S body. What does that mean? I can't really say today, but what I do know is that the creative team that brought you the Phantom and Captain Actions is back together! We are excited and are ready to take what we have to another level.

Dave
    Castaway Toys... bringing back the action!

Good to hear, David! I missed the Castaway Phantom/CA era, but the praise of the product always makes disappointed that I did. Who wouldn't want a Phantom or Captain Action ReMego?

Good luck to you and Jason and your future endeavors.

Images
    I was very excited to hear this news from you at Mego Meet David! Glad to see the Castaway team supreme of you and Jason reunited!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Ok… if you re-do the Phantom, I want the new prototype for my collection!