Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marty Abrams to reveal Big News at Mego Meet 2018

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    ^ I believe I read that Marty said, on Saturday, Hasbro has the rights to Micronauts. Of course, I could be misremembering.

- Ian
    The one thing I remember is hearing how the guys running the toy companies know and respect him for his legacy. I think if he wanted Micronauts, he could get it. My impression is the license(s) are based on what the buyer is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brue View Post
    I was in teh room where it happened.

Mego Corp. name and toys are coming back. Not all 8". Some new properties, possibly some old returning. 20 or so specific licences to be revealed in a couple weeks.

Pure speculation:
    I was reading another thread where Doc had a planned new body, then people were disappointed he didn't release them yet. Is this the new Mego body???????
    That is fantastic! I'd like to see what comes out next and find out what new toys there will be in the future.

New Mego playsets too?, perhaps, I wonder.

I wanna see the whole range that is licensed!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    The one thing I remember is hearing how the guys running the toy companies know and respect him for his legacy. I think if he wanted Micronauts, he could get it. My impression is the license(s) are based on what the buyer is looking for.
    I wouldn’t dispute that for a moment. On top of that, you guys have a much better feel and knowledge for this stuff than I.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Brue View Post
    I was in teh room where it happened.

Mego Corp. name and toys are coming back. Not all 8". Some new properties, possibly some old returning. 20 or so specific licences to be revealed in a couple weeks.
    Yep, I was in the same room and Brue is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    To a point. Marty told a story where Hasbro president Steve Hassenfeld gave Marty a lot of help after the demise of Mego, financially and otherwise, whenever he had a good idea for a toyline because of his respect for him (plus Marty had told Takara to go to Hasbro with the figures that would eventually become Transformers). But then when Hassenfeld suddenly passed away, the new folks in charge wouldn't even return his calls.

Quote Originally Posted by jacoblb View Post
    Pardon my ignorance for asking such a question: are their patent/mold rights on the Mego head sculpts and other things that might make a company like FTC be concerned that Mego is coming back in some capacity?

Obviously I get that what EMCE did/does is with Marty's blessing and endorsement what with his image on the backer card.
    I would assume that it would not do anything as the "New Mego" would be different then "Old Mego"