• Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by acrovader
    So.........???????
    I was in teh room where it happened.

Mego Corp. name and toys are coming back. Not all 8". Some new properties, possibly some old returning. 20 or so specific licences to be revealed in a couple weeks.

Pure speculation:
    I was reading another thread where Doc had a planned new body, then people were disappointed he didn't release them yet. Is this the new Mego body???????
    Last edited by Brue; Jun 4, '18, 3:05 PM.

Comment

• acrovader
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by Brue

Mego Corp. name and toys are coming back. Not all 8". Some new properties, possibly some old returning. 20 or so specific licences to be revealed in a couple weeks.

Pure speculation:
      I was reading another thead where Doc had a planned new body, then people were disappointed he didn't release them yet. Is this the new Mego boy???????

Nice! Thanks! Perhaps some more retro-style Micronauts!
      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

^ I believe I read that Marty said, on Saturday, Hasbro has the rights to Micronauts. Of course, I could be misremembering.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes, Hasbro owns the Micronauts.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

You can be an ambassador of New Mego.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
              ^ I believe I read that Marty said, on Saturday, Hasbro has the rights to Micronauts. Of course, I could be misremembering.

- Ian
              The one thing I remember is hearing how the guys running the toy companies know and respect him for his legacy. I think if he wanted Micronauts, he could get it. My impression is the license(s) are based on what the buyer is looking for.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Pure speculation:
                I was reading another thread where Doc had a planned new body, then people were disappointed he didn't release them yet. Is this the new Mego body???????
                That is fantastic! I'd like to see what comes out next and find out what new toys there will be in the future.

New Mego playsets too?, perhaps, I wonder.

I wanna see the whole range that is licensed!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
                  The one thing I remember is hearing how the guys running the toy companies know and respect him for his legacy. I think if he wanted Micronauts, he could get it. My impression is the license(s) are based on what the buyer is looking for.
                  I wouldn’t dispute that for a moment. On top of that, you guys have a much better feel and knowledge for this stuff than I.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Yep, I was in the same room and Brue is correct.

Originally posted by hedrap
                    To a point. Marty told a story where Hasbro president Steve Hassenfeld gave Marty a lot of help after the demise of Mego, financially and otherwise, whenever he had a good idea for a toyline because of his respect for him (plus Marty had told Takara to go to Hasbro with the figures that would eventually become Transformers). But then when Hassenfeld suddenly passed away, the new folks in charge wouldn't even return his calls.

Comment

• tmthor
                      God of Knock-offs
                      • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by jacoblb
                      Pardon my ignorance for asking such a question: are their patent/mold rights on the Mego head sculpts and other things that might make a company like FTC be concerned that Mego is coming back in some capacity?

Obviously I get that what EMCE did/does is with Marty's blessing and endorsement what with his image on the backer card.
                      I would assume that it would not do anything as the "New Mego" would be different then "Old Mego"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎