X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glimpy
    Loco Chango
    • Feb 5, 2012

Heidi Saha

Does anybody remember this chick? She was always featured in the back of the famous monster magazines. Did anybody ever buy her book or poster? They are worth over $700 now. Who would ever think...

Last edited by glimpy; May 29, '18, 1:58 PM.
    sigpic
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

heidi saha, heidi, saha, vampirella, warren, illustrated history of heidi saha, forrest, forry, ackerman, comic, book, convention, angelique, angee, trouvere, fantasy, robert bloch, vampire, worldcon, merv binns, sheena, richard arndt

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

She looks like a teenager.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

According to the link above, she was when she modeled as Vampirella: 14.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Ah, the famously wrongheaded Warren release (that would be even more questionable these days). I saw a copy of the mag at a Toronto comics shop last year, it wasn't cheap!

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            She looks like a teenager.
            She was at the time on the picture...14 years old.

Very uneasy seeing adult men digging that particular picture...

Having that, she was born in 1959, older than me...so if there’s a current photo of hers somewhere, then I can comment on her looks now, ha...
            Last edited by Hector; May 28, '18, 11:29 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Uhm....is glimpy going to jail?
              Last edited by J.B.; May 29, '18, 12:43 AM.
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

I did a google search and saw a couple of close ups of her face. She looks a lot like Chloe Grace Moritz.

CCC.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Ah yes, one of the skeeviest chapters in all of comics history.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    Ah, the famously wrongheaded Warren release (that would be even more questionable these days). I saw a copy of the mag at a Toronto comics shop last year, it wasn't cheap!
                    Yeah agreed, I honestly believe it was well intended but man, think things through folks!

The whole mag isn't as sordid as it seems, it's pretty innocent but it's still not something I'd own, even for free.

Was I with you when you saw it? I feel like i was....
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I'm sure if there was anything beyond what's on the surface we would have heard about it by now. But it still gives me the crawlies. Had she dressed as more fully-clothed super heroines like Batgirl, I probably wouldn't blink at it.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Yeah agreed, I honestly believe it was well intended but man, think things through folks!

The whole mag isn't as sordid as it seems, it's pretty innocent but it's still not something I'd own, even for free.

Yep, you and the rest of the gang were with me, I believe I saw it at The Beguiling's new location last November.

It's true that it seems more sordid than it really is, but from what I've read, Ackerman seemed to have an uncomfortable fascination with her, which is why this got published in the first place.

Comment

• Makernaut
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2015

I remember reading a write up on a blog that kind of documented the story as a way to point out about how creepy and hateful fandom can get and how it was there from the early days. It was a retrospective and the events were 40 plus years ago so I don't know how much of the tale was factual and how much was read into the events, but it made me feel really bad for the kid. Seems like she had an honest interest in sci-fi and comics, but her parents (who were players in sci-fi publishing) took over and pushed her and "Uncle Forry" (who was apparently her godfather) came into play and it all kind of spiraled and culminated in nerd-rage directed at the kid, herself. When it got to the point she wanted out, her mother apparently physically assaulted her in front of witnesses and made her continue. Finally someone published a song spoof about the "sh*t show" it had become and that led to the end of it. Sad tale all around.

Comment

• glimpy
                            Loco Chango
                            • Feb 5, 2012

tsk...tsk...tsk... ooohh uncle forry, he he he, ahh..yes, well shame on you!!!!
                            Last edited by glimpy; May 29, '18, 4:22 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy

We were at The Beguiling's new location on college street/kensington market, they have a copy for $500.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎