Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC Makes Batman and the Outsiders...Random thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Very good news. Outsiders was one of my favorite books back in the day, including favorite heroes like Metamorpho and Black Lightning; really liked the new characters, as well. A classic 70's BL is very welcome on any count, although his fro in the Outsider days was more conservative than his original comic appearances, so I'm not sure which way they will go. Katana would look ludicrous on a teen body; can't see them doing that. As for Halo, the Supergirl head is the only real option; the IG head is WAY too old looking for her. Either Geo-Force costume would look good, but the gold and green is a bit more eye-catching (and I still recall the relevance he assigned to the colors when the suit was given to them, even though I also recall Halo saying they just thought it was a nice color combo when they put it together). And an Aparo Batman with a properly scaled and non-flattened head would easily get me to buy another Bat. If they are done well, this could be a great set.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

weird on facebook today they mentioned looker in the line up but not metamorpho :/

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Ugh, Looker was a horrible character. Metamorpho deserves to become a figure regardless of the Outsiders.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• DC_Guy
          Museum Super Collector
          • Sep 18, 2008

Hated Looker. And I totally agree about Metamorpho.

Comment

• Rex Mason
            • Dec 14, 2013

Stop with the Looker hate! I need the whole team... heck, I'd buy Windfall and Atomic Knight.

Comment

• DC_Guy
              Museum Super Collector
              • Sep 18, 2008

^ Wow, you are a fan!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'd sooner buy Dr. Jace than Looker lol, just sayin'.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Rex Mason
                  • Dec 14, 2013

So, I'm gonna' guess it's a no from you guys for Duke of Oil then...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Baron Bedlam! But I'd take the Duke over Looker.

Comment

• Rex Mason
                      • Dec 14, 2013

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Baron Bedlam! But I'd take the Duke over Looker.
                      As for villains, my pipe dream would be the complete Masters of Disaster. Such great, fun characters. Don't see it ever happening, so I guess I'll have to settle for the tiny little metal figures from the old Heroes role playing system.

I wouldn't turn down that Bedlam, though. There's a new Baroness Bedlam in the pages of Doomsday Clock in Geo-Force's new Outsiders team, so at least the name is still being used!

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 21, 2009

I'll be glad to see figures of the Outsiders. They and the New Teen Titans are about as "modern" as I'd like to see the line get however.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                          weird on facebook today they mentioned looker in the line up but not metamorpho :/
                          "Batman and The Outsiders! An all new Batman retro figure (featuring a new head sculpt) leads the latest retro series from FTC into battle, while Black Lightning, Katana, Halo, Geo-Force, Metamorpho, and Looker getting their debut figures in FTC’s World’s Greatest Heroes lineup!" Looks like Mr. Mason is going to be in the line-up, unless something changed. Easy enough figure to do with a costume, just need orange and purple hands.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Aparo Batman headsculpt? Cool! Fingers crossed.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                              I'll be glad to see figures of the Outsiders. They and the New Teen Titans are about as "modern" as I'd like to see the line get however.
                              Outsiders was pre-crisis, so it's still Bronze Age.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

TRDouble mentioned variant Geo-Force (love that character) heads, possibly for other dolls like Count Vertigo.

I WANT COUNT VERTIGO, and have for decades. Green Arrow deserves a rogues gallery wave of Count Vertigo, Merlyn, Clock King (please, please, please) and Deathstroke.

Clock King could be so nice with a screened suit, I've loved that character since I saw him in a digest reprint.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎