X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego's Action Jackson

I have a strange bond with Mego's Action Jackson, I was slightly too young for him when he came out but thanks to my father's business of buying closeouts, I had a small army of them during childhood.

Action Jackson became a character actor in my backyard adventures becoming Sinestro, Klingons, Planet of the Apes Astronauts and even Aquaman to me.

Also, if you invited me to your birthday party in the years between 1975 and 1980, you got an Action Jackson, a scuba set (it was my favourite) and a Mego General Urko doll, you're welcome.

And Hey, the big Mego convention is next weekend. I'll be there at the front desk, come say hi!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

I never had an Action Jackson and I really don't remember the line (at all) from my days as a kid. Don't remember seeing them in stores and I don't believe I knew anyone that had one. That said, I have really come to appreciate the heck out of this line since I started hanging around here. Not only because it is an imaginative toy line, but because of how AJ led us right into all of the great Mego 8-inch lines to follow.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Anyone who has been on MM for any length of time probably knows my story about good ole AJ. I saw that commercial on TV when I was 5 and I had to have this guy. My mom was a little concerned about me having a "boy's toy" but she told me I had to ask my dad if it was alright. The only stipulation he gave is that I had to get the black one. OK! Sadly though I lived in NYC and didn't have the cool outdoor backdrop as seen in the commercials. So when AJ wasn't being the brother of one of my dolls, he, Big Jack (also black) and my Sesame Street Ernie finger puppet (father and sons Adventure Team) spent time cruising my living room in a homemade "pursuit car" (a Kleenex box w/ a pencil poked though the back and string taped to the pencil), in search of adventure. Sadly, they really didn't find any, but it was fun to try!
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍