Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Col. Steve Trevor, reporting for duty!

EFF7B57F-4713-4A71-A26A-FCD3C2BAD566.jpg
    EFF7B57F-4713-4A71-A26A-FCD3C2BAD566.jpg
    9401B4BF-63DF-4F28-8D59-61D22D91577A.jpg
    7E4C74CF-16D5-4307-B583-F897E795D950.jpg
    E699FC1D-8B03-4816-8A97-8CF443516163.jpg

Nice in-scale head sculpt, though the suit is a bit baggy on him. I think he turned out pretty well but most of this figure is probably going to become a custom Steve Rogers.
  • SpaceAgent
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 21, 2009

I finally got the Wonder Woman series 1 figures. They're nice, although the way they are packed in their clamshells looks like they were hit by a car - bodies mangled, heads turned, etc. Had to straighten them out. Today I see FTC is going to make Wonder Woman '77 figures from the Lynda Carter TV show. That's good news, although I hope the line doesn't go on as long as the Batman '66 line.

Comment

• dchero66
      • Jan 18, 2009

I always keep extras of the zip ties that go through the peg hole at the top of the clamshell, so I can re-seal after I've turned heads forward, straighten bent limbs, smoothed hair or clothes, etc. I was able to get Wonder Woman to this point by doing that...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for the pix, I always appreciate seeing the details and scale.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
          I finally got the Wonder Woman series 1 figures. They're nice, although the way they are packed in their clamshells looks like they were hit by a car - bodies mangled, heads turned, etc. Had to straighten them out. Today I see FTC is going to make Wonder Woman '77 figures from the Lynda Carter TV show. That's good news, although I hope the line doesn't go on as long as the Batman '66 line.
          There are some holes in the Batman line caused by rights issues and then they padded the line a lot with variants. Would have loved to see one more unique wave and a little more effort put into the henchmen wave. I don't see how WW could go beyond a couple waves, what is there to do? WW, Diana Prince, Diana on Paradise Island, diver WW, Wonder Girl, Trevor, Etta, Hypolita, a few villains that aren't just guys in suits.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Also WW with cape, equestrian WW, and cyclist WW. If they are doing all three seasons of the show, they can do two versions of Fausta, Paula von Gunther, Marion Mariposa, Formicida, and the Skrill Monster.

I suppose with the guest stars, it will all hinge on the license. Will we see figures of Wolfman Jack, Martin Mull, John Saxon, and Roddy McDowall? If they don't hit the likenesses of the many female characters more successfully than with Batman '66, many fans will be disappointed.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 10, '18, 8:05 AM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
              Career Member
              • Nov 22, 2011

Has anyone seen a prototype of the new FTC Lynda Carter Wonder Woman yet? I'm dying to see how this is going to look.
              "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• rayray
                • May 21, 2013

Any news or update on these from FTC? A WW TV series line — that actually looks like the actors — is my lifetime holy grail.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Looks like a good head for a Johnny Storm custom!
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

till you see the side profile and how deformed it is.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      till you see the side profile and how deformed it is.
                      Nothing new.

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

I was going to say, that head might make a cool Flash Gordon custom, as well...but he's got a bad profile?

I got the Wonder Woman (from the same WW wave) head for a custom and she looks odd from the side too, unfortunately. Thankfully, my custom will be wearing a mask...so maybe her face won't look so wonky.

Dana
                        Last edited by danadoll; May 19, '19, 12:00 AM.
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

yep he does, flat headed. I saw a custom here that used it and it shows. At CTVT's site they make sure not to show a side shot of it.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎