Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I saw it last week and enjoyed it for what it was,at least to me this had a good story and last jedi felt like filler.certainly didn't mind the new solo actor.i also think now going forward that Disney will only release star wars movies around Christmas,due to the lackluster box office of present.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Really bummed that word of mouth didn't turn this around. It deserves far better.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

I caught it for a matinee yesterday and thought it was a nice little movie. Had a lot of adventure and was fun to watch. Seemed to move pretty fast and I never had that feeling of wanting to glance at my watch that I sometimes get if I am not enjoying a movie in the theater. I thought all of the actors played their parts well and there is nothing about it that I can find to pick at. It wasn't a GREAT movie, but there is nothing wrong with a movie not being GREAT. Considering the production problems that seemed to plague "Solo", I think everyone involved can be proud of the end result because it's worth seeing and I am glad I took the time to go.

As far as the box-office being so low for this, I can't wager a guess but I think it might be a case of many factors converging to make it wind up being that way. For me personally, and I never thought I would be saying this, I have become a little burnt out on going to the theater. I didn't make it to see "Black Panther" and I still haven't made it to "Infinity War". Before seeing "Solo" the last movie I saw was "The Last Jedi" and I'm guessing before that was "Guardians of the Galaxy 2". So, a total of 3 movies in one year. Maybe other people are starting to hit burn out with the saturation of movies as the last Star Wars movie was what, 5 or 6 months ago?
        Last edited by Makernaut; Jun 4, '18, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

I liked it a lot!

1 Star Wars
          2 Empire
          3 Force Awakens
          4 Last Jedi
          4 Rogue One
          6 Solo
          7 Jedi
          8 Rebels
          9 Holiday Special

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

wow, Holiday Special over the prequel trilogy?

Comment

• Madcap70
              • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              How come any time a Star Wars movie comes up SOMEONE has to beat the dead horse called the prequels? (Over & Over again)

We get it you don't like them it's only the 900th time that people have to say that...

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I generally cannot rank the Star Wars films, because I love them all. Some days, I love certain ones more than others. Some days Episode I is my favorite. Sometimes it's Empire. I'm sure I am seen as an apologist fanboy, but I enjoy the whole saga. I respect anyone else's opinions or preferences, but I just feel lucky to have been there from the beginning, and grown up with them throughout all their incarnations.

There's a LOT of rage out there for my favorite franchise. My advice to anyone who has difficulty finding that spark again is to go with the flow, use the Force and let go. Be open and willing to let the story unfold and not confine to rigid expectations.

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  What prequel trilogy?

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

This movie will make money. It is a great film. It is showing that people are not still going nuts over new star wars releases. It will not make the kind of money the FA, R1, LJ did. But it will still make make more more money than most other movies.

There were so many great thing in it. I loved MOST of it so it will be easier to say what I didn't love: Han's girlfriend (actress or part - I am not sure, but she just dint work for me) , Woody from Cheers kept taking me out of the movie, chewie's rescue wan't right, it is hard to replace Ford.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Last edited by Hector; Jun 6, '18, 1:15 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                        Han's girlfriend (actress or part - I am not sure, but she just dint work for me).
                        She’s too busy doing more important things, like preparing for battle against the White Walkers...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Madcap70
                          How come any time a Star Wars movie comes up SOMEONE has to beat the dead horse called the prequels? (Over & Over again)

We get it you don't like them it's only the 900th time that people have to say that...
                          who said I didn't like the prequels? I was commenting on someone else's list, which did not have them included at all

Comment

• LordMudd
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 22, 2011

Ok movie. A bit limited by what you already know has to happen. Not even close to Ready Player One.

CCC.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

I really liked Solo. There were a few things that were really ridiculous such as a certain cameo appearance, but at least it had a story with people in it, not just a boring video game SFX ending. It's unfortunate it's being punished for the earlier movies since of the four new movies, it's the best, most Star Wars, of the bunch.

...and as an opposing opinion to the one above, it was WAY better than Ready Player One.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Well, I'm officially bummed now. Because of this stinker of a Han Solo movie...ALL Star Wars spin-off movies have been put on hold. Word is that the pre-production on the "Obi Wan" movie has stopped and everyone was sent home. This sucks...Obi Wan was the one I was looking forward to most.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎