Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

my 16 year old just came back from watching it and he absolutely enjoyed it! he says it was better than the last jedi and the force awakens.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I know low box office for this won't kill the franchise, but I came out wanting to see more Han & Chewie adventures. I really hope word of mouth spreads and people go see this in the theater. It's a far better film than expected, and far better than the internet is serving it. Would love to see it rebound so we get more.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^The good news is there is surprisingly little of note coming out in the next few weeks, so hopefully word will get around and those on the fence will go see it, because I would love to see a direct sequel.

SLIGHT SPOILERS

As far as "agenda" pushing, with L3 it was just her character. The others were pretty flummoxed by her, honestly. The relationship between Lando and her can be perceived as mostly one-sided on her part, although its obvious Lando cares for her. Its a Star Wars film, so they aren't going to get too far into potentially uncomfortable sexual subjects parents may have to discuss with their children. If you want to read more into the subtext you can, but its nothing blatant, in my opinion.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Wow, RLM didn't give it the drubbing everyone predicted.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Hang on, now. Rich Evans liked it?!? Now I'm going!!
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

It's a shame people are kind of having SW overload right now. It sounds like the best SW movie since the original trilogy.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                Hang on, now. Rich Evans liked it?!? Now I'm going!!
                Yeah, now I'm going to see it.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  ^The good news is there is surprisingly little of note coming out in the next few weeks, so hopefully word will get around and those on the fence will go see it, because I would love to see a direct sequel.

SLIGHT SPOILERS

As far as "agenda" pushing, with L3 it was just her character. The others were pretty flummoxed by her, honestly. The relationship between Lando and her can be perceived as mostly one-sided on her part, although its obvious Lando cares for her. Its a Star Wars film, so they aren't going to get too far into potentially uncomfortable sexual subjects parents may have to discuss with their children. If you want to read more into the subtext you can, but its nothing blatant, in my opinion.

Chris
                  A small movie called Jurassic World 2 is rolling out next week in Europe. :-D

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

A small movie called Jurassic World 2 is rolling out next week in Europe. :-D
                    Here in the US, it looks like Ocean's 8 comes out June 8, and The Incredibles 2 drops June 15. Jurassic World doesn't hit here until June 22.

So Solo COULD rebound in the US here a bit before the rest of the summer movies come rolling in.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

$84,420,489 over the Memorial Day holiday weekend in its first week of release is paltry, really disappointing.

Too much competition (Infinity War/Deadpool)...too soon after Last Jedi...and the Dinosaurs are coming.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^I think the bad word of mouth of the production really hurt this too. Many people were put off on recasting this beloved character, and then you had the rumors that an acting coach was called in, etc. The directors are fired and Ron Howard is brought in. Faith in the production was pretty shaky. I'm happy to say the finished product is very entertaining, and you don't see the seams in my opinion.

Plus, Last Jedi really did a number on some people. It broke the faith at near prequel level with a lot of folks.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Madcap70
                          • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          It broke the faith at near prequel level with a lot of folks.

Chris
                          More prequel hate? I see that people expected the prequel's to be like the OT when they were not all the hate came out...Like I said before it's not OUR vision it was Lucas and you say the same about Disney? From what I understand before Lucas sold to Disney he had a script etc of a Han Solo movie so are any original ideas from Disney have been good so far?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Going by the latest ads,it doesn't seem to have bothered Disney at all.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

More prequel hate? I see that people expected the prequel's to be like the OT when they were not all the hate came out...Like I said before it's not OUR vision it was Lucas and you say the same about Disney? From what I understand before Lucas sold to Disney he had a script etc of a Han Solo movie so are any original ideas from Disney have been good so far?
                              I don't hate the prequels. They are flawed in a lot of ways, but there are things about them I can enjoy, especially Revenge of the Sith. But there is no denying that there is a lot of hate out there for them.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

i like the prequels as well, for what they are. all 3 have good moments. I am even in the minority in that I like Phantom Menace the best. maybe it is just because it was the first new movie in 16 years and no matter what you think of the movie, that was really something special

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎