Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

If it's underperforming, it might be because a lot of people felt trolled by Last Jedi.

I personally love the trolling, but that film is a mess storywise. I've come to the conclusion that these new Star Wars films aren't made for me so I haven't made any plans to see Solo.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
      I have a huge problem with Kathleen Kennedy using the Star Wars films as a platform to push her social and political agendas. I'm not having it.

A feminist droid pushing droid rights?
      honestly, that bugs the hell out of me too, but I love Star Wars so I will still go see what ever they put out. but yeah, the over the top feminist droid was too much

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Whenever a movie is plagued with bad rumours like the lead can't act or they fire the director, the general movie going public get cold feet.

The fans will go regardless but people like my wife, who drags me to every one of these movies with the logic "C'mon it's a Star Wars, we have to see it in the theatre" was surprisingly quiet about the whole affair.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i enjoyed the movie. it is a fun ride but I thought a little slow paced. I thought the actors all did a fine job

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Gotta admit, quite surprised by all the positive reviews as I saw nothing in the trailers that made me want to run out and see this movie. I love SW but I thought this looked aweful. Now I may actually see it. Thanks.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

I absolutely loved it. These are characters I care about in a time near the era I love. Because of the history of SW fans, are not very forgiving when they feeled wronged. The prequels got better as they went on, but folks never forgave the crapfest that was Episode 1 after the long wait and the other movies especially, Ep. 3 don't get the credit they should. Fast forwerd to TFA. Folks largely got what they wanted, the movie was the biggest ever to that point. Faith restored Rogue One was recieved relatively well. Then we got TLJ. Once again the faith was been broken. Reports of people myself included deciding a second viewing was not needed. Combine that with releasing the movie right after Avengers and Deadpool. Should have waited until December. I'm enjoying the side movies more at this point that actual "episode" films.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                Career Member
                • Aug 29, 2007

Yeah, I've enjoyed three of the four newly released movies. Loved The Force Awakens, Rogue One and Solo.

The Last Jedi should have been a grand slam. Can't really believe how they botched it in so many ways.

But the others have been great fun.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

It interesting how Marvel is the only group that can run successful cinematic universe. I don't really know if Star Wars works in this fashion.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

the Star Wars movies so far are all part of a continuing storyline. the standalone movies fill in some of the space between the 3 trilogies. it's not the same thing as the MCU

they are saying now that Solo did 103 million domestically for the weekend, while that may not be normal Star Wars business it is hardly what I would call a flop. Critics just love tearing things down. I think the box office on this movie suffered partly from backlash after Last Jedi and partly because of all the turmoil with the filming of this movie. hopefully the positive word of mouth will turn it around. I would love to get a direct sequel to it, to expand the storyline and answer some of the questions raised in those final scenes

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Netflix DVD rental for me.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Frank
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2, 2009

I’m a lifelong Star Wars fan. Did not really care for the prequels. For me Solo felt more like the original Star Wars movies (new hope, empire, and jedi) then TFA, Last Jedi, and Rogue One. I actually think it was as good or better then Rogue One which I liked a lot. I think the famialirlty with most of the characters in Solo helps the movie/story. Don’t wait for the dvd, go see it in the theater!

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

I'm glad to hear most are liking the Solo movie. I think we all pretty much had an idea of what it would be going in, but it really came across as a pretty good movie. I think part of the issue is The Last Jedi was only 5 months ago. I still have a bad taste in my mouth about that movie personally and I'm sure others do as well, although it didn't push me away from seeing this one. The press really likes to print doom and gloom way over and above printing something positive. I'm sure Disney would have loved for Solo to have done better this weekend, but it's certainly not the flop the news sites are making it out to be.
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I saw it tonight with my family and enjoyed it.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

My wife and I saw it Sunday. She is the bigger Star Wars fan in the family and loved it. I really liked it too. Solid entertaining film all around.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                                the Star Wars movies so far are all part of a continuing storyline. the standalone movies fill in some of the space between the 3 trilogies. it's not the same thing as the MCU

they are saying now that Solo did 103 million domestically for the weekend, while that may not be normal Star Wars business it is hardly what I would call a flop. Critics just love tearing things down. I think the box office on this movie suffered partly from backlash after Last Jedi and partly because of all the turmoil with the filming of this movie. hopefully the positive word of mouth will turn it around. I would love to get a direct sequel to it, to expand the storyline and answer some of the questions raised in those final scenes
                                People also have to remember it's going up against Avengers:Infinity War and Deadpool 2. That's why I can't figure out all of the "it's a giant flop" nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎