X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
    I don't know man, it just seems to me that if Alden Ehrenreich was such a great Han Solo...then the box office numbers would look better than this:

Harrison Ford on the other hand has ALWAYS been a box off draw! Why? PERSONALITY Baby!!
    Tell that to Blade Runner 2049. barely made back its production budget.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, but in fairness he was only in about half the movie. plus, although it was visually stunning, it was too long and rather boring.

really most of his movies these days don't do all that well at the box office - see Enders Game, or Cowboys and Aliens

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I loved Blade Runner 2049...saw it in the theater, plus bought the Bluray and I've watched it about 3 times. It's strange...the original Blade Runner didn't do well at the Box Office either.
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i saw it in theaters too. it was on HBO yesterday and I started watching part of it again, it is just soooo slow moving.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Blade Runner 2049 was a gorgeous film...it’s about atmosphere, not space cowboys.

Seen it twice, at the movies and home...a great sequel to the original masterpiece.
            sigpic

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

I love Ford, but from 1998 to 2014 he didn't make any films I like and was a long way from a box office success.

Alden did fine. I don't think he was the issue. (Though it is hard to replace an loved actor in a beloved series)

Originally posted by The Bat
              I don't know man, it just seems to me that if Alden Ehrenreich was such a great Han Solo...then the box office numbers would look better than this:

Harrison Ford on the other hand has ALWAYS been a box off draw! Why? PERSONALITY Baby!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

agreed for the most part Brue, but I liked Crystal Skull and I liked Force Awakens. other than that, his movies in that period have not been great

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  agreed for the most part Brue, but I liked Crystal Skull and I liked Force Awakens. other than that, his movies in that period have not been great
                  Blockbuster and great film The Force Awakens was 2015 (as was Age of Adeline, which I liked and was generally liked I think).

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I guess I should have been more specific. I was referring to the number of great parts Harrison Ford has had(mostly when I was younger...now his career is winding down now.)from Han Solo to Indy Jones to Jack Ryan. In the movie industry...he will be remember well.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

no doubt. he is actually one of my favorite actors. aside from Han Solo and Indiana Jones, he also did Air Force One, the Fugitive, the Jack Ryan movies, even Regarding Henry. the man is just a fantastic actor. but like every actor he has made some stinkers too

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                        no doubt. he is actually one of my favorite actors. aside from Han Solo and Indiana Jones, he also did Air Force One, the Fugitive, the Jack Ryan movies, even Regarding Henry. the man is just a fantastic actor. but like every actor he has made some stinkers too
                        Agreed on all counts! The Fugitive...good call! I LOVE that movie!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Don't forget Blade Runner.

But Ford does walk the line of being bigger than his role. Sometimes Harrison Ford is playing... Ford. Which is okay, because he's usually so appealing and a delight to watch. And despite this, I found Ehrenreich remarkably skilled at playing this character at a different time of his life.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hedji
                            Don't forget Blade Runner.

But Ford does walk the line of being bigger than his role. Sometimes Harrison Ford is playing... Ford. Which is okay, because he's usually so appealing and a delight to watch.

How could I...it's one of my all time favorite movies! And I agree with that assessment of Ford always playing Himself, but he's in good company. Other Actors that fit in to that category are: Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and Sean Connery.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hedji
                              ........ I found Ehrenreich remarkably skilled at playing this character at a different time of his life.
                              Me, too. I enjoyed the movie and thought he did a great job. On that note, I believe there are other things at play that contributed to the disappointing box office. Things that are independent of the quality of the end product. A little Star Wars fatigue, perhaps....or bad press before, during, and after that didn't have anything to do with the movie itself. I'm wondering if this will be one of those instances where down the line people come back around and wonder, "How did this get overlooked? It's actually a good movie."

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Makernaut
                                I'm wondering if this will be one of those instances where down the line people come back around and wonder, "How did this get overlooked? It's actually a good movie."

I'll let ya know once it's FREE on TV...because I refuse to pay to see it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎