Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I saw that report, and hope it isn't true.

When they ask would I like some more Star Wars, I say yes, please, thank you.

If Solo came first when we were all kids, we would have gone ape for it. It's a great, charming, entertaining Star Wars film that fits just fine in with the other films. We used to get excited about Ewok television movies. I remember going crazy when the LP audio adventure "Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell" came out. It's not a particularly ground-breaking story, but I loved it to death. Were it made into a film now, it would get hate and vitriol. The problem is, we aren't kids anymore.

If anyone cares about my opinion, I think Lucasfilm should stay the course. I'm enjoying the heck out of the Disney era, fully aware that nothing will ever touch the magic I experienced in 1977-83.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Hedji
      I remember going crazy when the LP audio adventure "Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell" came out.
      YES! I have this somewhere, I've nearly forgotten all about it at this point!

I think it's probably a good idea to shelve the next announced spin-offs. What they should be concentrating on is writing really smart and compelling stories to straighten out what they've already started. I like Awakens, and I liked parts of Last Jedi, but the whole thing so far feels directionless and unimportant.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I think the bigger issue is too many movies, too soon. I am not complaining, I love it. but the general public, I think is suffering SW burnout on top of the backlash from TLJ

Comment

• YoungOnce
          Career Member
          • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          I think the bigger issue is too many movies, too soon. I am not complaining, I love it. but the general public, I think is suffering SW burnout on top of the backlash from TLJ
          I will always watch any new Star Wars movie, but folks who are less diehard who didn't enjoy the feel of TLJ might have come to the conclusion that Star Wars is something they can pass on now.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

the biggest issue with the current trilogy is they did not have a trilogy planned out, they are just making it up as they go. I liked both of the movies, but they really should have planned it out better instead of rushing to get Force Awakens out there
            Lucasfilm is now saying they won't use untried directors for future movies. but Rian Johnsons planned trilogy is still on

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I didn't see "The Last Jedi" in the theater, I guess I just wasn't ready to see them kill Luke off. So, since I didn't go to the theater I felt justified in buying the Blu-Ray. I was finally ready to try and be objective and give it a chance, I mean...how bad could it be right?

Well, I got my answer...that movie was completely devoid of hope, just utterly an depressing movie. It wasn't just Luke dying(that didn't happen until the end), it just didn't feel like a Star Wars movie at all. I can't quite put my finger on it...but the spirt of FUN and adventure that exists in the Star Wars universe wasn't there? I liked TFA...that felt like Star Wars...but this movie was just lifeless. I wasted $24.00...I know I'll never watch it again.
              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I really hope Disney hasn't given up on the one-shot, non-trilogy films. I haven't gone back and re-watched Last Jedi, but I didn't hate it like some. I can see why it rubbed folks wrong though. I think a combination of oversaturation, bad feelings from Last Jedi, and Solo's troubled production sunk it's chances at the box office, which is a real shame. It's a fun time at the movies.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

It's weird that a movie I've heard mostly positive reviews about is the bring down. Although, after Rogue One I decided to sit out anymore stand alone....
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Popcorns?

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Scientist man is awesome.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

I've watched that scientist man video about 5 times since RLM posted it! I love those guys.

Comment

• Redmiller
                          • Jun 19, 2018

As a Avid Star Wars Fan.
                          I really enjoyed watching SOLO
                          MY Wife, even enjoyed it. Her comments were, it was a great Action movie. No Lightsabers, no Force, No Skywalkers.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Solo didn’t work because of its lead actor. He looked nothing like Harrison Ford. He was four inches shorter too. His mannerism were all wrong as well. Boba Fett would work because we identify him sporting that famous green helmet. Obi Wan would work with Ewan McGregor as lead. It’s not rocket science.

Solo, no.

Obi Wan, yes.

Boba Fett, OH HELL YEAH!!! And make it the first R-rated SW movie...that would super double rule!!!

The hell with the kids...let them watch it when they turn 17...

sigpic

Comment

• Redmiller
                              • Jun 19, 2018

This just in.... :(

IndieWire
                              ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Films on Obi-Wan and Boba Fett Put on Hold Following Bad ‘Solo’ Box Office — Report
                              Zack Sharf 23 hrs ago

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                                Solo didn’t work because of its lead actor. He looked nothing like Harrison Ford. He was four inches shorter too. His mannerism were all wrong as well. Boba Fett would work because we identify him sporting that famous green helmet. Obi Wan would work with Ewan McGregor as lead. It’s not rocket science.

Solo, no.

Obi Wan, yes.

Boba Fett, OH HELL YEAH!!! And make it the first R-rated SW movie...that would super double rule!!!

The hell with the kids...let them watch it when they turn 17...

I disagree. That kid was way better at playing Solo than I expected. He didn't try to do an impression, but there were elements that made me feel like he could age to become the Han we know. I liked him a lot.

Ewan McGregor was impossibly bland as Obi Wan in the prequels, but he's a good actor and maybe a new director with a good script could make for a good movie. But as things are, I'm not interested. McGregor Obi Wan is boring.

It sounds like they don't have faith in neither Obi Wan nor the Boba Fett film, so it might not matter.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎