Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Piece of advice for Ebay Seller...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    3 post offices in a 3 mile radius...I don't have a problem with it. Also, "and then pay a postal employee" ...I'm happy to have them still having a job. I don't got to the self checkout line either. I must be a heartless ******* for letting those machines not have a job to do. What was I thinking. Sorry for the sarcasm...but I really do like interacting with a human being. Call me crazy. Also, I deal in media...how much more of a discount can I get off of $2.66 for shipping a DVD/VHS/CD??!!??
    Lol!
    Don't misinterpret, or try to read anything insidious, in my comments.
    If you want to spend all that extra time (and money, if you forgo the shipping discounts thru ebay), more power to you. I'm happy to print a label at home and drop the packages off. I'm a heartless, soulless *******, though!
    I just feel sorry for the little old lady standing behind you who just wants a book of stamps, while you're getting multiple packages weighed, labeled and paid for!

So what you are essentially saying is that you would be fine with being charged $20 shipping and the seller basically sends it out for $5 shipping??!!?? You would be happy and content with that??!!?? Hey, send me $20 and I'll send you a padded envelop with a comic book for $ $2.66. It will be protected like you've never seen a book protected...but I've basically just jerked you out of $17. If that was me I'd be F'n fuming. THAT is theft. I don't understand how nobody sees that...boggles my mind.
    It's not theft if he charges you what he said he'd charge you up front.
    By bidding/buying, you accepted the terms and conditions. The price may be exorbitant, and you would certainly be justified in passing it by/not bidding, but he hasn't reached in to your pockets and taken money you didn't willingly agree to pay.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    I use eBay's shipping, but I still have to take my stuff to the post office in person. Our carrier makes a ridiculous amount of mistakes. Four different times now she has picked up packages, and I'm talking bundles of 10 to 15 at a time, and scanned them as DELIVERED instead of PICKED UP. Next thing you know I'm getting dozens of emails from PO'd customers wanting to know why their package was delivered to the wrong address in the wrong state. Worst part is, once they're incorrectly scanned, the tracking is never fixed after that, so I have no way to know if the customer ever actually gets the package or not.
    I have no problems like that at all, and I watch my items to make sure they arrive. I just drop them off in the big slot at the PO, no lines. Or take them to work and drop it at the on campus PO
    Planet Earth is Blue

I just checked and "economy shipping" means parcel select, retail ground, or media mail. First class is called "standard shipping." So it looks like the seller used one of the correct services. But its always been my understanding that shipping comics via media mail is against USPS rules. Maybe that's wrong, I dunno. But I do know media mail takes forever and the boxes are not treated well, so I wouldn't ship collectibles via media mail.

A seller can charge me whatever he wants for shipping and handling. I'll factor the cost into my bid. But I expect two things: (1) mego figures should be shipped in a box; and (2) I should get the service I paid for. If a figure arrives in an envelope or padded mailer (which is unacceptable IMO), or if I pay for priority and it arrives first class, I take notice of the actual shipping cost to see if the seller made a profit from cutting corners, which sometimes affects the feedback I leave (usually just the star ratings) and whether I buy from that seller again.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegoGuy View Post
    I just checked and "economy shipping" means parcel select, retail ground, or media mail. First class is called "standard shipping." So it looks like the seller used one of the correct services. But its always been my understanding that shipping comics via media mail is against USPS rules. Maybe that's wrong, I dunno. But I do know media mail takes forever and the boxes are not treated well, so I wouldn't ship collectibles via media mail.

(2) I should get the service I paid for. If a figure arrives in an envelope or padded mailer (which is unacceptable IMO), or if I pay for priority and it arrives first class, I take notice of the actual shipping cost to see if the seller made a profit from cutting corners, which sometimes affects the feedback I leave (usually just the star ratings) and whether I buy from that seller again.
    Thank you. That's all I was looking for. I still can't understand how people just accept it and say "oh...it's ONLY $3"
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Thank you. That's all I was looking for. I still can't understand how people just accept it and say "oh...it's ONLY $3"
    But that's not what anyone is saying.
    As noted by TheMegoGuy, economy shipping includes Media Mail.
    The seller set a shipping price of $5.90 for economy (Media) shipping.
    By purchasing you agreed to pay the shipping amount set, and the seller sent your comics by the method promised.
    You just can't get past the idea that "shipping charge" can mean more than just "postage cost".

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock664 View Post
    But that's not what anyone is saying.
    As noted by TheMegoGuy, economy shipping includes Media Mail.
    The seller set a shipping price of $5.90 for economy (Media) shipping.
    By purchasing you agreed to pay the shipping amount set, and the seller sent your comics by the method promised.
    You just can't get past the idea that "shipping charge" can mean more than just "postage cost".
    Guess I can't. I'll make sure not to buy anything from sellers that think it's OK to overcharge people for shipping.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk