X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Hot Wheels 50th anniversary retro 68 redlines at Target

This is the entire set. Super nice. Really pretty retro Spectraflame metalic paint colors. $5.49 a piece. They weren't in the Hot Wheels section. Found the small cardboard display hanging by the action figures.

Last edited by Werewolf; May 21, '18, 8:20 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • SpaceCrawler
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 20, 2008

I just wish they were direct reproductions (and that 50 on the side is not very attractive). They have so many cool sets, boxed sets, track sets, etc, they could re-release. Don't understand why they don't.

Sean

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
      I just wish they were direct reproductions (and that 50 on the side is not very attractive). They have so many cool sets, boxed sets, track sets, etc, they could re-release. Don't understand why they don't.

Sean
      They have done straight up reissues for several years...and just a couple years ago they did a whole vintage line of tracks, etc. in retro packaging.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Love the packaging. I'll have to start looking for these. I never really played with die-cast cars as a kid, but have started collecting them recently cuz they make some really weird vehicles. I've got a couple hot dog cars, one that's a soda bottle with a working bottle opener, another that you can blow bubbles with, and one that has a 3/8" wrench on it!! Plus a ton of other funky designs. For a buck or less you can't really beat 'em!
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Thanks for the heads up! Hot Wheels are among my earliest toy memories.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 20, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
            They have done straight up reissues for several years...and just a couple years ago they did a whole vintage line of tracks, etc. in retro packaging.
            Yeah, I wish they'd do more though. Unfortunately those 4 (or 5) track sets that included cars had new cars - so the overall effect suffers in my opinion. The Sizzler sets and cars were cool though. They really should keep doing that sort of thing. And with Rumbbbblers too.

Sean

Comment

• VintageJoe70
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 12, 2016

They did this same exact thing back in the 90's...Had more models to choose from though...I think the red baron and ice-t were in there...
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎