Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CKMBDavis
    • Nov 21, 2013

Mego style Conan question..

Regarding a Mego or Mego-style Conan, how do you think a Conan head would look on a CTVT "deluxe" body? I never had the original Mego Conan or the FTC repro as I was never a fan of the body style - I always thought Conan should be more buff. I'd like to hear other's opinions before I decide to spring for an original, an FTC version, or repro parts and create my own.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

It's a good idea, Conan on a deluxe body, but he wouldn't be able to hold anything in those fist hands, and boots don't go on those feet.

Get the green deluxe body and look for a Mego Hulk head, and I think Doc Mego has the Hulk purple pants, then you would have a correct size Mego Hulk, or an orange deluxe body, with a Mugato head and custom white fur body suit, but keep the fist and feet exposed, just a thought.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Man, *that* is a GrEaT idea! Wolverine is about 5'3...I have been toying around with ideas for his ideal body style for adapting the Diamond Logan to be shorter. I'm tempted to look at splicing the hands and feet on a Hulk-style muscle body. Brilliant!

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by CKMBDavis
        Regarding a Mego or Mego-style Conan, how do you think a Conan head would look on a CTVT "deluxe" body? I never had the original Mego Conan or the FTC repro as I was never a fan of the body style - I always thought Conan should be more buff. I'd like to hear other's opinions before I decide to spring for an original, an FTC version, or repro parts and create my own.
        Depends on which Conan look you are going for. Movie Conan is buff, but Conan in the books was supposed to be lean, lithe and pantherish, not buff. Arnie's body type was all wrong for the Conan in the Howard stories. The Barry Windsor Smith Conan in the comics is much more in line with the way Howard described him than the Buscema stuff or even the Frazetta covers (as much a sI love the Frazetta stuff). So when looking for a Conan body for a custom, it need not be more buff if you are going for the original Howard look.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

IMO, Conan looks best featuring the (admittedly scarce) Zica body. When the FTC version came out, some customizers here adapted it to that body.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CKMBDavis
            • Nov 21, 2013

Thanks for the feedback! Now that I think about it, I'm wondering how much difference in skin tone there would be between the head and the body - looking at pics on the CTVT site, there seems to be a very noticeable difference, but who knows how it'd look in person. Although I'm confident in my ability to have to repaint if deemed necessary, the possible difference in skin tone still concerns me a bit.

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              IMO, Conan looks best featuring the (admittedly scarce) Zica body. When the FTC version came out, some customizers here adapted it to that body.
              THIS! The CTV Conan head is a dead-on match for the ZICA body in skin tone, the outfit fits like a glove and he looks like he stepped out of a Frank Frazetta painting.

Click to see the original Conan ZICA thread!
              Last edited by Timothy2251; May 22, '18, 6:53 PM.
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• CKMBDavis
                • Nov 21, 2013

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                THIS! The CTV Conan head is a dead-on match for the ZICA body in skin tone, the outfit fits like a glove and he looks like he stepped out of a Frank Frazetta painting.

Click to see the original Conan ZICA thread!
                Damn! That's totally more in line with what I'd want it to look like.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

It does! And another thing you might consider is that CTVT sells the barbarian belt and wristbands in gold, which also looks very cool.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CKMBDavis
                    • Nov 21, 2013

I've definitely scoped out CTVT for their barbarian accessories. So, is the ZICA body not produced anymore? Is there something similar in looks (and skintone?)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Not really. The Zica bodies are out of production and scare. Try perhaps a marketplace post for one.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

Hello, If you wanna go the Muscley upper body route there is alway the old Flatt trick of adapting a "He-Man chest onto Mego body. Just use the loincloth and belt to hide the waist to hip connection.
                        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• comicmike
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 22, 2009

Oh yeah,I forgot about that: Great suggestion :-)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

In a related vein, my vintage Conan is a hybrid T2 featuring Wee Win's Samson buff torso and upper arms.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎