X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Hollywood
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 29, 2012

Boys,

I am getting a ton of IMs advising that these outfits were from LJN. I presume that most of these opinions are from a posting I made back in 2013 regarding the information given to me by former Kenner employee who helped in authentication as well as the below photos.

Based on the wording of the Alden's catalogue which virtually matches the wording on the packaging, and the suits being identical as well.........it's safe to say IMO that LJN indeed made these outfits.

I believe they were endorsed by Kenner, upsized, added slot in the rear to accommodate lifting action mechanism. my original 2013 post regarding LJN manufacture I feel is now validated.

Whether shoes were made to accommodate Steve Austin as commented prior I don't know as once again no photos or to my knowledge physical specimens have surfaced. If you have some please share. Thanks for all the IMs and assistance.

IMG_5118.jpgIMG_5121.jpg
    Last edited by Mr. Hollywood; May 21, '18, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 29, 2012

Here is a complete Alden’s Exclusive Air Force uniform. Note the same white cap as photographed in the Alden’s add, and the black Maskatron shoes. As was told to me when mine was authenticated (black shoes were indeed recycled).

Whether the other outfits have specially designed shoes or not who knows at this point. Nothing has surfaced showing photographicly.

On a side note interesting cap, looks just like the GI Joe Action Marine Dress Uniform cap. Clearly larger sized to fit, but interesting.

911AF7B6-1357-40FD-91FE-CB0D488CD94E.jpg
      Last edited by Mr. Hollywood; May 21, '18, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎