Thread: My first sculpey attempt - Imperious Leader

Images

My first sculpey attempt - Imperious Leader

I've wanted to try using sculpey for awhile and bought myself a box and some of the plastic tools. I figured a big lizard-looking space alien robot to go with the rest of the Galactica figures was a good subject to start with. I wanted to make it look like a cross between the screen version and the Mattel '78 figure, but I think I will paint him the TV show colors and not pink and purple like Mattel.
    ImperiousLeader.jpg
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

Images
    Looks good, though I wonder about the weight. That must be why he's always seated!
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Blog Entries
    For really big sculpts I use foil or some other filler in the middle so it won't be so heavy. Nice work. Your first time sculpting or just using Sculpey?
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Thanks! I've repainted heads before, but never tried sculpting or sculpey I do have a big foil ball in the middle of his head, but even just covering the outside, he is heavier than I thought he would be. Here is the Imperious Leader painted and I also draped in front of him the fabric I bought today. Sewing his robe will be a project for next weekend. Kinda looks more like Big Bird meets Battlestar, but I'm happy with it.
    IL-painted01.jpgIL-painted02.jpg
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

Images
    Blog Entries
    well, then great job for a first time sculpt!! Looks great painted up.
    Planet Earth is Blue