X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

My first sculpey attempt - Imperious Leader

I've wanted to try using sculpey for awhile and bought myself a box and some of the plastic tools. I figured a big lizard-looking space alien robot to go with the rest of the Galactica figures was a good subject to start with. I wanted to make it look like a cross between the screen version and the Mattel '78 figure, but I think I will paint him the TV show colors and not pink and purple like Mattel.
    ImperiousLeader.jpg
    It's all good!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Looks good, though I wonder about the weight. That must be why he's always seated!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

For really big sculpts I use foil or some other filler in the middle so it won't be so heavy. Nice work. Your first time sculpting or just using Sculpey?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

Thanks! I've repainted heads before, but never tried sculpting or sculpey I do have a big foil ball in the middle of his head, but even just covering the outside, he is heavier than I thought he would be. Here is the Imperious Leader painted and I also draped in front of him the fabric I bought today. Sewing his robe will be a project for next weekend. Kinda looks more like Big Bird meets Battlestar, but I'm happy with it.
        IL-painted01.jpgIL-painted02.jpg
        It's all good!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

well, then great job for a first time sculpt!! Looks great painted up.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎