Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I’ve been to Hawaii many times...and the last thing I wanna see is some dude driving around in a red Ferrari...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

...and for the record...I did watch Miami Vice, fun show...just not on the level of Hill Street Blues as far as realism is concerned...
      sigpic

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by tjacwave50
        Miami Vice was the 80's, hands down the best 80's cop drama ever, the music, fashion, cars etc.

Magnum PI was second, for its Hawaiian sceneries and pretty decent script writing.
        The first season of Miami Vice was one of my all time favorites for any TV series. The 2nd season was good too. After that I just got too depressed watching it. Every darn episode was so sad.

Comment

• Z-man 307
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 15, 2010

There were a lot of great cop shows back then (Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue, etc.) but Magnum PI was different. It had action, comedy, drama, scenery - all wrapped up into one. It was just simply fantastic! The combo of Magnum and Simon & Simon on Thursday nights was a really big deal in high school. On our last trip to Hawaii, we rented the house next to Robin's Nest. We swam in the tidal pool, peaked over the fence, etc. It was really sad to see how the estate was in such a state of disrepair. What's even sadder is that they began the demolition last month.

The trailer actually isn't too bad, but it's not Magnum PI. They should change the character names and just respectfully call it something else.

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

The Original Magnum show was one of the few TV shows that dared to talk about Vietnam. Most shows steered clear since the war was so unpopular at the time. They did it with a lot of class and realism about PTSD. Loved the original show. Maybe it didn't have the best actors, scripts and all that but most shows that even that those things aren't a huge success. Charm and timing can make a show just as enjoyable to watch without having to pick it apart. This will fail big time! It's been a few years since I was in Hawaii but I did drive by Robin's Nest and went to Selleck's restaurant The Black Orchid when he owned it back then.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
              Miami Vice was eye candy. Hill Street Blues way more realistic, superior acting, and critically acclaimed, it’s not even close.

As I said before...I could care less about Magnum PI. Was never my cup of tea. I’d rather see you physically kicking me on the face...

I do agree that Miami Vice was definitely eye candy, but Crockett did have a very cool car and the music was fitting for it's time, this show would have probably failed in the 70's or 90's

I think it's kicking me (in) the face, but either way it would hurt.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                The Original Magnum show was one of the few TV shows that dared to talk about Vietnam. Most shows steered clear since the war was so unpopular at the time. They did it with a lot of class and realism about PTSD. Loved the original show. Maybe it didn't have the best actors, scripts and all that but most shows that even that those things aren't a huge success. Charm and timing can make a show just as enjoyable to watch without having to pick it apart. This will fail big time! It's been a few years since I was in Hawaii but I did drive by Robin's Nest and went to Selleck's restaurant The Black Orchid when he owned it back then.
                Your right on the Vietnam issue, Magnum, TC and Rick characters all served in Nam, and there were episodes that focused on each of them seperatly and together about Vietnam during the series run.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                  I’ve been to Hawaii many times...and the last thing I wanna see is some dude driving around in a red Ferrari...

Because you wish you were driving around Hawaii in a red Ferrari, aloha.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Hey Hector how about cop shows of the 70's, mine are,

Hawaii Five-O
                    Streets of San Francisco
                    Starsky and Hutch
                    Adam 12

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

"While I do approve of the watch, I'll leave the rest of the visual vomit for you kids to decide upon."

Last edited by J.B.; May 23, '18, 11:21 PM.
                      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Because you wish you were driving around Hawaii in a red Ferrari, aloha.
                        Nah, I’m not into that type of car, even if I was a millionaire, I wouldn’t buy a Ferrari. I’m strictly a Ford man.

My 65 Mustang is my baby...I’ll cruise in that...thank you very much...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Hey Hector how about cop shows of the 70's, mine are,

Hawaii Five-O
                          Streets of San Francisco
                          Starsky and Hutch
                          Adam 12
                          Now we are talking!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

...don’t forget Police Story, Baretta, The F.B.I....
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

As a strictly 100% heterosexual...I must admit...Tom Selleck was a stud...

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

^ That's a thread subject we never did before

I'm strictly 100% heterosexual but if I was gay i'd totally hit ______

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎