• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

I will see this.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I love Thundercats and I am totally fine with it. After MOTU/She-Ra Thundercats was my next favorite cartoon and toy line.

Animation style aside, it looks and sounds closer to the original series than the 2011 reboot (which I hated) and don't even get me started on the vile Wildstorm comic reboot.

In the new cartoon, Thundera, Cat's Lair, Castle Plun-Darr, classic costumes, etc., it's all there. I, honestly, would have preferred an animation style closer to the original but if the exaggerated style is what it takes to get kids to watch these days, so be it.
        Last edited by Werewolf; May 18, '18, 6:37 PM.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

They're using the OK K.O.! art style? Just not a fan of it.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

That magnificently coiffed producer certainly has a way of talking about Thundercats that makes me feel really old.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

I'll check it out. I always wanted the original Thundercats episodes to be as good as the intro and they were a snooze. Hopefully this won't be boring at least.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                That magnificently coiffed producer
                Yeah, that's... not a good look and I thought the 90s mullet fad could not be topped. I will not miss this beard and man bun fad. I think in about five years people will really look back on that style and wince.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

maybe I am just too old school but that animation style does not work for me at any level. it looks nothing like the classic series or even the recent reboot, which although not perfect, at least captured the story and feel of the original(for me at least)
                  Last edited by Nostalgiabuff; May 19, '18, 5:31 AM.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Are you kidding me? Ummm...shouldn't one of the qualifications of an animator be the ability to actually draw?

Utter garbage.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I guess they don't care about appealing to the adult audience and are just trying to get kids attention so they can also sell toys

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^Lol Like the original show.

Some excellent shows--Steven Universe springs to mind--have unconventional animation.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

All anyone has to do is look at how successful Titans Go! is or Adventure Time to get what they are going for with this. It looks fun and I hope it's great!
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Larry Kenney, Lion-O from the original series, announced he voices a character in the new cartoon. That's pretty cool. I'm hoping Jaga.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Sitting on a lawn chair watching the over the top outrage on this. If this was Big Jim I'd be ALL OVER it.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎