Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Were there any glaring ommisions from the military 64 line?

Images
    ^That sounds great--how are you doing the torch? There is an Action Man toolbox with tools that might also work for you.

I did a similar bash for my SeaBee: dungarees, t-shirt, construction helmet and gloves, crash-crew toolbelt with AM tools, pick-ax and diver's sledge hammer.

I'm debating getting a bag sealer and trying to use it to shorten the toolbelt so it fits better.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; May 26, '18 at 7:05 AM.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Blog Entries
    the torch will use the orange air tanks from the sea sled diver for sure. I need to try to bash something from maybe the flamethrower for the actual torch. Tools are slowly falling into place thanks to my flipping of GI Joe lots on ebay. I get lots of odd bits that are not Joe mixed in. So far just a hammer and a wrench. I need to find a pair of goggles too.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Check out ebay#332662730806 (from "1/6 torch" search).
    Last edited by PNGwynne; May 26, '18 at 7:29 PM.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Blog Entries
    was looking at that one, simple enough to fit in with the 60s line. I really think Hasbro would have reused its existing tanks some how. I do have a flamethrower lot around, too. cut off one big tank and use the smaller one with it. Another good one would have been a front line reporter set. That would bring the whole Ernie Pyle/GI Joe connection full circle.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Ok, I found the original Hasbro proto pic (not mine) but here is the set I'm talking about. Someone has done a great custom of this set but I can't remember who. DOH!!!! This is from original Hasbro memos ect. A great set that didn't make it into production
    1st Issue Sailor 1b by edtime5, on Flickr

Images
    Egad, that is fantastic! Thanks again for sharing, it's exciting to see that!! A very cool proposed set.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Egad, that is fantastic! Thanks again for sharing, it's exciting to see that!! A very cool proposed set.
    Glad I could add something to the conversation. The little red piece in bottom of package is a stand for the Welding tanks. You get the Crash Crew belt reused, New Tool box, Balpien hammer, gloves, ect. The welding tanks are a reuse of the Scuba tanks. I'm guessing but it looks like the knob from Deep Sea Diver helmet was used on top for valves.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Looks like black welding gloves, too. interesting, and it would have put more crash crew belt sets out there. Thanks for sharing!
    Planet Earth is Blue