Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Quentin Tarantino really making a Star Trek movie ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Is Quentin Tarantino really making a Star Trek movie ?

I feel like it's a joke the whole world is in on except me
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Rated R!

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

After the last three movies, I'm ready for a change. I think he might be able to do something really cool.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Tarantino is probably my favorite director. But I’m not sure he’s the right person for Star Trek. But I’m game. Whether you like him or not, you will definitely get a unique take on it...

I’m ready, mother-****ers...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
            sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hector
              Tarantino is probably my favorite director. But I’m not sure he’s the right person for Star Trek. But I’m game. Whether you like him or not, you will definitely get a unique take on it...
              That's exactly how I feel.

I'm curious to see what he will do with a known property (in fact, one of the best-know, at that) because all of his stuff so far is straight out of his own head and set in a universe of his creation (Red Apples, anyone?). I know "Jackie Brown" was based on an Elmore Leornard novel, but it had crime/caper/humor/great dialog so it was not any kind of departure from the Tarantino-verse.

Also, that video is awesome!!!!

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

According to what I have been reading, there is gonna be a fourth movie in the current incarnation and it won't be Tarantino's movie. His movie seems like it will be a stand-alone or part of a reboot. It doesn't seem like anyone, including Simon Pegg is 100% sure of where any of this is headed.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

As far as I'm concerned, he can stay the hell away from Star Trek.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I don't think he is the right fit for Trek but I like his movies for the most part so I would definitely check out what he does. I am skeptical it will ever actually happen though

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      I don't think he is the right fit for Trek but I like his movies for the most part so I would definitely check out what he does. I am skeptical it will ever actually happen though
                      It kind of feels like Michael Jordan playing baseball but I'd go see it.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brazoo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 14, 2009

I'm not against the new Trek movies, but I wasn't blown away by them either. I don't think they fully pulled off the magic of the original series - and I don't think any of the original cast movies did either. (I'm probably in the minority in thinking that part 4 came the closest to feeling like the original series most.)

I think Tarentino's best strength is deeply understanding the strenghts of movie genres. He also exploits aspects of genres that most filmmakers overlook. If he really ends up directing it - as planned - then I think we're in for a treat. It's too bad Simon Pegg said he's not co-writing though, because the idea of those two nerds working away on this sounded like a lot of fun.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

All I want is for them to get back to actually seeking out new life and new civilizations...boldly going where no man has gone before.

Enough of the "Star Wars Lite" version.

Comment

• Brazoo
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            All I want is for them to get back to actually seeking out new life and new civilizations...boldly going where no man has gone before.

Enough of the "Star Wars Lite" version.
                            YES. I compltely agree! Another reason I think Tarantino will have an interesting take on this is that he's said many times that he doesn't care about Star Wars. He's not beholden to that formula and I think he understands what can make Trek unique.

IF they actually let him do what he wants. Many times big corporations seem to SAY they want something different and then freak out when they get it - not to bring up Star Wars again, but Solo comes to mind.

Comment

• Brazoo
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 14, 2009

I know when people think of Tarantino they think of violence and swearing, but when I think of his version of Trek I keep thinking about Carradine's Superman speech near the end of Kill Bill 2.

To me, it was a unique take on Superman that also completley worked with and respected Superman's established mythology. Personally, I would have rather seen THAT Superman movie instead of a lot of the other recent versions. If he has anything like that planned for Trek I am totally down!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎