Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Quentin Tarantino really making a Star Trek movie ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Makernaut
    ... all of his stuff so far is straight out of his own head ...
    I reeeeeeeeeeeally don't want to be that guy, but seriously?
    To each their own, I never cared much for his stuff. To me, some of it is enjoyable the first time around but doesn't hold up to repeated viewings. The guy is in love with his own terrible dialog. I did enjoy IB, thought it was the best of his I've seen by far. Haven't seen it since, and war movies aren't my thing so I don't know if he "paid homage to" any older movies with that one.

But c'mon, the guy steals everything he can get his hands on.
    Oh, I mean "references."
    Maybe he can do something good and not p*ss on ST but my immediate reaction is NO WAY.
    Seems desperate and tone deaf. Or just calculated to generate buzz.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

^ I think the parts I wrote before and after what you quoted made it pretty clear what I was talking about.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

If there's one thing that is consistent about Trek, it's that it's constantly reinventing itself. Even Wrath of Khan was a soft reboot. It's hard to keep all the iterations straight at this point. I don't know if they're chasing an unachievable high of capturing the magic again, but as fans, we're pretty much used to 'different' takes on the concept. I'd welcome anything that's fun and adventurous, with character camaraderie, whether it's got Tarrantino's name attached or not. So I say, eh, why not? Let's see what Quentin can do. Might be just the shot in the arm it needs.

Comment

• spockoda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          As far as I'm concerned, he can stay the hell away from Star Trek.
          Your comment made me laugh, because that's how I felt about Abrams doing Star Wars. And Rian Johnson, but only in hindsight on him because I didn't even know whom the hell he was before that.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

When I think of Tarantino I don't necessarily think of violence and swearing right off the bat.

The first thing I think of is intense character study --- The idea of having the same people in a room just talking for what seems like hours.

In away, almost like an old one room sitcom like The Honeymooners, The Odd Couple or Barney Miller.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎