Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say What? Is Doom Patrol Getting Its Own TV Series Too?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Say What? Is Doom Patrol Getting Its Own TV Series Too?

I know the Doom Patrol are supposed to appear in the new Titans TV Series - I assumed in some kind of guest starring episode. But this article seems to indicate that the DP will also have a spinoff show of their own. How can there be a spinoff show when Titans has yet to soar or tank?

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

DC's got to get more new programming for its streaming service so I imagine there will be more than a few announcements like this one.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, how I enjoy the Doom Patrol. Fingers crossed.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Oh, how I enjoy the Doom Patrol. Fingers crossed.
          Have you seen the DC Nation Doom Patrol shorts that aired between episodes of Young Justice and the Green Lantern animated series a few years back? They were one of many features done as animated shorts for those in between segments (Sword of the Atom was another one). Most of the shorts are available on youtube now.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Those were great, as were their appearances on Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The Teen Titans animated appearances were good too, but I missed the Chief.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

It must be that they liked what they were getting during the production of the show. I looked at the cast list and saw the Doom Patrol characters as being part of 9 episodes out of 13 listed (per IMDB). The only actor I recognized was April Bowlby as Rita.

("Hmmmm.....we probably ought to find someone pretty for the part of Rita, don'cha think?")

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎