Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Great picture Brue. I came close to going to shows with Kidder, but the stars never aligned, and now they never will.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for sharing that picture, Brue--awesome. And well-said, Hedji.

I have tears in my eyes as I type this--I don't know quite why, many reasons. Sixty-nine seems too young, and I'm thinking, too of Reeve's passing (for which I'll admit I was more prepared--please don't think me callous in saying that.) They were screen magic, I was impressed at age eleven and I still am.

I've always enjoyed Kidder's work, it was distressing to hear of her personal battles but I admired the way she fought on and worked again. To struggle and not give up or give in, to still create and entertain, seems to me a very special thing.

I said recently in another thread that Superman isn't my favorite hero but the first Superman film is still my favorite comic-book movie. I think Kidder is significantly responsible for that. She was the best Lois IMO. I hope she knew how she touched her fans--I'd like to think she did, based on Brue's convention pic.

RIP Ms. Kidder--it's a peace you earned, Margot.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

wow. I really liked her.

Comment

• glimpy
          Loco Chango
          • Feb 5, 2012

Sad news
          sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Very sorry to hear the news, Margot Kidder really did a great job as Lois Lane, hard to think of anyone else playing the part during that era, RIP Margot.

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

I met her at a local show , she was very nice and a good person. Hope she can rest now . Mike

Comment

• spockoda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jan 14, 2018

This is sad. She was one of the first celebrities that I knew of to have such a battle with mental illness. It was almost just as sad that it went so public but that was just because of her celebrity status but it made me realize it can happen to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎