X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Doc Savage

Does anyone here know what has happened with the Doc savage license? I noticed the last comic company that had it has taken its issues down form comixology and that marvel had uploaded some doc savage issues from marvel two in one and giant sized spider-man, I was wondering if anyone here had seen anything?
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. The last two licensees I know of were DC and then, most recently, Dynamite. I'm a big fan of the Man of Bronze and would welcome any news, as well.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

I don't know anything for certain, but with the Shane Black film featuring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Doc Savage in the works, they might be holding the rights until it is closer to being in production to get a better deal for them. Dynamite is notorious for getting licenses on the cheap (or circumventing licenses like they did with Tarzan and John Carter by doing Warlord of Mars and Lord of the Jungle series), so they may have given up thelicense if the rights holder upped the licensing fees in expectation of the coming movie. I know the movie itself was tied up in rights issues according to the Rock earlier this year http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dwayne-...e-movie-update

so if the movie is being held up by confusion over who has the rights, then it's not a surprise the comics would be too.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MRP
        ...the Shane Black film featuring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Doc Savage-M
        What? Dear lord.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎