Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places worth stopping at on the way to Columbus?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

Places worth stopping at on the way to Columbus?

Very excited that I finally have no work commitments during a meet and able to go for the first time since I joined the forum. The whole family is going, and since we will be taking I70 all the way across from DC/Baltimore, I wanted to ask if anyone thinks it is worth stopping in Wheeling, at the old meet location to do a tour of the toy and train museum there and break for lunch? We'll be coming up on Friday.

Any other touristy things folks know of on the way to Ohio for people driving in? This could be a thread for anyone to post ideas from the destination they are driving from, maybe?

Steve
    It's all good!
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I personally think the Kreuger Toy & Train Museum is a must stop if you can. There are so many toys from the past decades there. Plus it's in an old school house with a train car in the parking lot. What's not to love.

Very happy to have been able to see it while Mego Meet was there. And McDonalds is right down from it.

I'm pretty sure there is a flea market on I70 somewhere coming towards Columbus from Wheeling. My kids and I would stop on the way back home after MM. Unfortantely I don't remember the name or the exit number, but it's visible from the interstate. Of course it may only be open on weekends.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

I listed and others expanded in another thread:

Couple places you might want to go while not at the meet: Big Fun. 9.5 miles from courtyard, but a must for the toy collector. https://www.facebook.com/pg/BigFunColumbus/photos/?ref=page_internal Packrat Comics is 4 miles from Courtyard. I don't use it (not close to my house), but friends love it. More than just comics.

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...do-in-Columbus

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

OH wait! This says ON THE WAY.

Coming from the northeast you pass Cleveland with a hundred things to do. Close Akron with the Football Hall of Fame.

coming through Cincinnati from SW, there is the Newport Aquarium.

If you com from the West or SW, stop at the Airforce Museum in Dayton - FREE

Coming from the East, yep - you pass right through Wheeling and can go to the Toy and Train Museum

There are state parks and dams across the state.

Comment

• smgraf
          • Oct 8, 2016

Coming from Wisconsin, Chicago and points west... We'll be stopping at the Hall of Heroes Superhero Museum in Elkhart, Indiana. There's also the Superman Museum in Metropolis, Illinois for those coming from further south and west.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Cincinnati is home of the real Hall of Justice

Comment

• SAS-KY
              • Jun 12, 2014

Originally posted by Brue
              Cincinnati is home of the real Hall of Justice
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincin...Union_Terminal
              Definitely worth seeing and taking some pictures with your Mego Super Friends!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎