Thread: Places worth stopping at on the way to Columbus?

Images

Vehicle Places worth stopping at on the way to Columbus?

Very excited that I finally have no work commitments during a meet and able to go for the first time since I joined the forum. The whole family is going, and since we will be taking I70 all the way across from DC/Baltimore, I wanted to ask if anyone thinks it is worth stopping in Wheeling, at the old meet location to do a tour of the toy and train museum there and break for lunch? We'll be coming up on Friday.

Any other touristy things folks know of on the way to Ohio for people driving in? This could be a thread for anyone to post ideas from the destination they are driving from, maybe?

Steve
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

Images
    I personally think the Kreuger Toy & Train Museum is a must stop if you can. There are so many toys from the past decades there. Plus it's in an old school house with a train car in the parking lot. What's not to love.

Very happy to have been able to see it while Mego Meet was there. And McDonalds is right down from it.

I'm pretty sure there is a flea market on I70 somewhere coming towards Columbus from Wheeling. My kids and I would stop on the way back home after MM. Unfortantely I don't remember the name or the exit number, but it's visible from the interstate. Of course it may only be open on weekends.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Images

Images
    OH wait! This says ON THE WAY.

Coming from the northeast you pass Cleveland with a hundred things to do. Close Akron with the Football Hall of Fame.

coming through Cincinnati from SW, there is the Newport Aquarium.

If you com from the West or SW, stop at the Airforce Museum in Dayton - FREE

Coming from the East, yep - you pass right through Wheeling and can go to the Toy and Train Museum

There are state parks and dams across the state.

Coming from Wisconsin, Chicago and points west... We'll be stopping at the Hall of Heroes Superhero Museum in Elkhart, Indiana. There's also the Superman Museum in Metropolis, Illinois for those coming from further south and west.

Images
    Cincinnati is home of the real Hall of Justice
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincin...Union_Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by Brue View Post
    Cincinnati is home of the real Hall of Justice
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincin...Union_Terminal
    Definitely worth seeing and taking some pictures with your Mego Super Friends!