X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

More Mego Outfits on Cheap Fashion Doll discoveries

Our pal David tracked down yet another in the growing number of “Mego Outfits on Low cost Fashion Dolls” series. This time it’s the jumpsuit worn by Dr. Kate Macrae in “the Black Hole” outfit. Good eye David. Also, he discovered yet another Star Trek doll, this time she’s a blonde. I’m going to call her Janice. So…

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, these finds are so nuts. Did Mego actually sell the extra costumes off to another toy company, or was their some behind-the-scens pilfering going in warehouses after Mego folded?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

I love these! Something similar happened when Hasbro discontinued the Jem doll line in the 80s. Clothing pieces, heads, even whole dolls ended up in those "knock off" bags. With some interesting variations. It may be that the Mego pieces were remainders that didn't meet production standards and were sold off to be repurposed? Didn't they do that with the Cher doll's clothing?

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I've noticed with the carded ones,they're on Kmart cards. Did maybe they have some kind of deal in place?

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

There is just something so appealing about this. Like they're from some alternate universe toy store. The idea that there was a time where old stock could be recycled and turn up in such a quirky, eh what the heck why not, sort of way is just remarkable. Can't help but smile.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Awesome, I love stuff like this!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡