X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

BIG Toys Week: GI Joe Big Trapper

The GI Joe Big Trapper vehicle is a kind of a bittersweet item for me. I really wanted it for my birthday that year but ultimately chose the Capture Copter, either way, I kind of won. The only downer was, these were the last GI Joe vehicles ever made.

Many collectors view the Big Trapper as the "Poor cousin" of the Mobile Support Unit produced a couple of years earlier and well, I get that, it's a quality vehicle full of science fiction flair.

Nobody is wrong here but for me, the big trapper just captures that "Ark 2" vibe and well, I was five years old when it came out.

Above is the British version, usually Palitoy made things cooler but i prefer the Hasbro big yellow.

This is mine, I got it in a flea market outside of Buffalo NY right after college. Even though it was bigger than my apartment at the time, I couldn't resist it's $20 price tag. I still have the cage somewhere too. Every time I look at it I think of the day that I bought it and it still brings me joy.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Love this and anything else A-Team related, especially when u throw Intruder in there.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Joe always had the coolest vehicles

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

I grew up with the RAH GI Joe, not with Adventure Team Joe, but I think this toy is pretty nifty (along with the Mobile Support Unit). Also, as an observation, those Invaders look like something from another line, due to scale and articulation. In fact, they almost remind me of MOTU knock-offs from the 1980s.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Awesome looking vehicle but it looks a little more Super Joe sale than AT because of the way they look way over the windshield instead of through it.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jfire
            • Jan 2, 2008

Still a proud owner of the Mobile Unit! One of the coolest toys I've ever had.
            Pop Culture Safari!
            Cool Comics, Music, Movies and More

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I have both of those. wish I had them as a kid though because they are all kinds of awesome

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Cool, I never had any of the adventure team stuff (other than an Atomic Man) but I would have liked to play with this thing.

I got it in a flea market outside of Buffalo NY right after college
                Clarence? I'm glad it's still open, but man that place was a wonderland sometimes when I visited in the late 80's to early 90's.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

The only AT vehicles I have ever owned are 2 ATVs.
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍