Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: BIG toys week: The Wayne Foundation by Mego Corporation

Plaid Stallions BIG toys week: The Wayne Foundation by Mego Corporation

The Mego Wayne Foundation is like a Barbie Dreamhouse but it's for Batman, so it's completely awesome and not a doll house.

For this entry, I can swipe all the photos from the MegoMuseum because I work there (mainly to steal stuff from the break room and use the photocopier).

I never had the set as a kid but i saw it in a comic book and it haunted me. I must admit that I LOVE THIS PLAYSET!

I bought one when i was 17, sold it in college (for beer money) and then bought another one from a struggling college student who needed beer money (Circle of Life!).

This 40-inch tall playset was sort of the zenith for Mego World's Greatest Superheroes, as the line started to decline the following year as kids started getting more interested in Star Wars and 3 3/4" action figures. Man, it went out with a bang!

This is the original prototype from the Mego archive, shame they ditched the plants.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    My Mego Holy Grail. I doubt I will ever own one, just because my toy budget is limited beyond even the base price of this.

I never knew it existed as a kid. Had I known, I would have begged for it.

The original prototype is much more comic accurate. That tiny segment of the penthouse looks like a slice of the comic version!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Iíll probably get flak for this but Iíve never been a fan of this play set. Found it boring and kind of ugly. I think most of us could make a better custom one if we had the tools.

Images
    The prototype is pretty great! Both are.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    The original prototype is much more comic accurate. That tiny segment of the penthouse looks like a slice of the comic version!
    I did not know that. That's pretty cool.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...