Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have two huge Alien items on pre-order...

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    Hec, I think you had mentioned that you have a Sideshow Space Jockey Maquette. If you do, please post some pics of this beautiful piece.
    I do have it. I still donít want to post my entire Alien display because itís not finished...but Iíll take a pic in a minute...and show you a small peek...

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Oh yeah. I had my eye on that one too.
    Which one? The Giger Head?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I love the normal Alien head best
    I donít think thereís a normal one. You mean you like a particular look? The original is the see-through domed Giger Alien. Then thereís the Warrior Xenomorphs from Aliens. They all slightly change in each movie...the Ressurection ones are also different (thereís a hybrid one too)...as well as that in Covenant. The most distinct one is the Dog Alien of Alien 3, that one is a quadruped, and has a brownish tint. The reason it walks on all fours is because the facehugger chose a dog host (on an alternate scene, it was a cow). I think the Dog Alien (aside from the Queen) is the baddest and most vicious Xenomorph, as well as the fastest...

Sideshow has it as well, but I canít buy them all, ha...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...props-9032271/

Ok, almost forgot...had to step out for a few errands.

My Sideshow Space Jockey...

Iím close to canceling the Sideshow/CoolProps Giger Head.

Iíve made five payment on it already...just one more to go. Iíll be hit with a $180 penalty cancelling fee.

Why?

Because I have been in close contact with Chase Smith, one of the best Alien/Creature artists out there. His stuff blows away anything from Sideshow and CooProps.

He is very, very expensive...from two to three times as expensive as the CoolProps Giger Head.

However, heís willing to make one exception...and sell me a complete unpainted Head/torso for a fraction of the price.

Heís known for his Dog Alien (collaboration with artist Beesub)...

Wanna see how superior his stuff really is compared to SideShow CoolProps?

Chase Smith Dog Alien vs Sideshow/CoolProps Dog Alien...

Chase Smith is currently working on a 1:1 scale Big Chap (true scale, larger than Sideshow/CoolProps), a one to two year project...this bad boy will come with a torso...maybe even arms...

Iíll save a ton of money by painting it myself...

https://www.lilshopofhorrorsusa.com/workshop

https://www.facebook.com/lilshopofhorrorsusa/

https://www.facebook.com/beesub/

Thoughts?

That is so amazingly cool. Nothing beats the eeriness of the skull slightly visible beneath the translucent dome.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    Iím close to canceling the Sideshow/CoolProps Giger Head.

Iíve made five payment on it already...just one more to go. Iíll be hit with a $180 penalty cancelling fee.

Thoughts?

Hec, why not make the final payment and then sell it MIB for maybe a bit less than what you paid, so you don't have to eat the entire $180?
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

It will basically end up the same loss.

These heads need a few years to appreciate...I can’t hold on that long.

What do you think of Chase Smith vs SideShow/CoolProps?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    That is so amazingly cool. Nothing beats the eeriness of the skull slightly visible beneath the translucent dome.
    Yeah, beautiful indeed...

I officially cancelled the CoolProps Giger Head. Iím losing the $180 cancelling penalty downpayment fee...but still getting $1200 back. Iíll be using that money as a partial payment for Chase Smithís Big Chap. Projected to be completed within 1-2 years. He will make a very limited production run...maybe a dozen, and thatís it. He will be offering it in there versions, head with shoulder...head with shoulders and torso...and the deluxe model, head with shoulders, torso, and arms...half a completed full scale Big Chap. Down the line, he wants to make a complete Alien, legs and all.

Prices range from $4000 to $7500.

He knows Iím into airbrushing and model-making. Iíve been communicating back and forth with him for a while now. So he will make me a kit especially for me, an 1:1 scale unpainted head and shoulders Big Chap...for under $1500...fantastic deal. Iím so stoked! And yes, it comes with a clear see-through dome, ha.

The Hollywood Collectibles Group 1:1 Alien Queen Wall Diorama is still a go...just made my first monthly $133 installment payment. 10 more to go...