Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIG Toys Week: Earthquake Tower by Remco

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Well, at least it's a rescue toy where YOU are the good guy --- unlike Don't Break The Ice where YOU are the murderer
    Yeah! I love "Break the Ice" game. Never thought bout it like murder... until now. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Oh yeah, I admit this is done in today's sensibilities although I bet the concept turned off some folks then.

Nowadays, this toy would be pushed through the 24 news cycle for a good week before Remco's offices were burned to the ground!
    That's almost what happened at Kenner when in 1987, slow sales of the Easy Bake Oven prompted the development team to consider retooling the oven into a boys toy called "Chernobyl Reactor Playset" with little wax figures that melt when the "reactor core" goes CRITICAL!
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Fox View Post
    That's almost what happened at Kenner when in 1987, slow sales of the Easy Bake Oven prompted the development team to consider retooling the oven into a boys toy called "Chernobyl Reactor Playset" with little wax figures that melt when the "reactor core" goes CRITICAL!
    Not a bad idea if you tweak it a bit. I remember the touring caravan of giant dinosaurs sponsored by Sinclair Oil. They had vending machines that made small wax versions of the dinos. I had the T-rex in red wax. If you use the oven to melt the wax, then pour it into molds, then melt it again, etc... make a wax figure then watch it slowly melt so you can make another. Especially Wizard of Oz. "I'm melting, I'm melting...."

CCC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Fox View Post
    That's absolutely abhorant. Glad they weren't dumb enough to think putting people into an oven was good play time.

Images
    My grandparents bought my sister and I each a tower for christmas one year. I don't remember asking for it, but it was a cool toy.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living