X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Atomic Man Wow

I'd been keeping an eye on this for a week, being a big fan of Canadian packaging and the Atomic Man, I downplayed my hopes of winning it thinking it was probably pretty rare.

That was the right thing to do cause, wow.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage GI Joe Atomic Man Special Assignment Canadian Issue M.O.C at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm surprised, but only a little. The figures are common but the accessories and playset grab big bucks. Which is funny, because I can recall when Joe collectors spat upon Mike Power and Bulletman.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I'm surprised, but only a little. The figures are common but the accessories and playset grab big bucks. Which is funny, because I can recall when Joe collectors spat upon Mike Power and Bulletman.
      Great piece! Your right about the older Joe collectors hating Bulletman and Atomic Man. I think they have either completed their collections, moved on to other things or have passed away and that's why the market is not the same. Many of the older Joe collectors would be in their 60s now. This leaves the later Joe fans and pieces Like Super Joe, Muscle body Joes, and Atomic Man going up in price. Loooooooove Atomic Man always have great figure but this set is way out of my price range.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I'd be fine with a loose set of this, but this is out of my price and interest range.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• rykerw1701
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 27, 2007

It's always good to see some GI Joe items commanding major coin. I was phasing out of my original toy playing days when Mike Powers hit, but I still ended up with one as a gift. I never bothered getting any of the accessories, which is probably true of most AT era kids and why they are so hard to find now.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Neutron X
            Great piece! Your right about the older Joe collectors hating Bulletman and Atomic Man. I think they have either completed their collections, moved on to other things or have passed away and that's why the market is not the same. Many of the older Joe collectors would be in their 60s now. This leaves the later Joe fans and pieces Like Super Joe, Muscle body Joes, and Atomic Man going up in price. Loooooooove Atomic Man always have great figure but this set is way out of my price range.
            You know i've noticed on facebook the warming trend to my beloved Super Adventure team. Even my friend John Marshall, who wrote some anti-Bulletman things in the 1990s has really softened on the brand.

While it makes me happy, the rising prices don't.

Luckily, there is a lot out there to explore and I'm really having fun with Adventure Team collecting in general.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I think I got my Palitoy Bulletman and flocked Atomic Man at just the right time several years ago, the prices are rising. I love the extra details of the British releases.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

I think I got my Palitoy Bulletman and flocked Atomic Man at just the right time several years ago, the prices are rising. I love the extra details of the British releases.
                The UK Atomic Man is classic! You gotta love the heart gimmick that clicks on his chest! The flocked hair make's him fit in better with the Adventure team figures. Bulletman gets cool Jet boots upgrade. If only the Intruders would have been taller....

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Neutron X
                  If only the Intruders would have been taller....
                  They are if you swap their head over to a 12"
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Ye gods I love British Mike's atomic pacemaker, it's so Metallo.

So you can put an Intruder head on, say, a Geyper muscle body? Hmmmmmm.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Ye gods I love British Mike's atomic pacemaker, it's so Metallo.

So you can put an Intruder head on, say, a Geyper muscle body? Hmmmmmm.
                      I've seen them on non muscle body Joes before.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Neutron X
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 22, 2007

Here is a Intruder headswap to Joe on my disorgaized shelf. Muscle body may be the way to go. I have even seen people use new bodies to pump the Intruders up.
                        IMG_1412 by edtime5, on Flickr

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I'd like try a Geyper muscle body, or better yet a 90s Action Man body. Just need an Intruder head. I wonder if the armor cam be modified into a breastplate and still be used? Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎