X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Making jointed limbs

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but if not, mods please feel free to move it to the appropriate area.

With Toys R Us closing up shop, I’ve been picking up a few of the Hasbro Titan Series figures and I was wondering if any clever member[s] here had ever found a method of successfully putting joints in the elbows, knees and ankles and improving the joints in the shoulders and hips/groin area. I would love to know some tricks to make these things a bit more—-flexible.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

So I guess no one has done this? Hmmm----guess I'll have to try some 'xperimenting, then.....
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Post your experiments! Never know what you'll come up with or inspire others to do.

Comment

• supes
        For the love of Mego's!
        • Jan 19, 2004

I did it many many moons ago with the vinyl Guyver figures. I found a good jointed figure to Frankenstein, cut out the elbows and knees and hips of guyvef figure. Then took donor figure and cut down the jointed section I needed and inserted it into the hollow ends of the limbs then painted to blend. It worked really well. The hip joint was a little wonky mainly because of the design of the guyver hip. Unfortunately I no longer have the figures or pictures. Hope this helps a little

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Thanks for the info, supes. Much appreciated. Haven't started on anything yet, still doing some research. When I get something going, I'll post some pics.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Try Googling "ball jointed doll". The methods are a bit different than those used on current action figures, but I bet you could make it work for your project.

http://www2d.biglobe.ne.jp/~dhnoah/make_00.htm
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• supes
              For the love of Mego's!
              • Jan 19, 2004

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Thanks for the info, supes. Much appreciated. Haven't started on anything yet, still doing some research. When I get something going, I'll post some pics.
              You're welcome. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎