X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Going to Orlando FL.....suggestions?

So finally taking the family to Disney World in September. We plan on spending the majority of the time at theme parks, so time to shop will be limited.

Wondering if anyone here knows of any "must-see" shopping for comics/toys? Can't wait to see Hogan's Beach Shop, brother!

BB
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

It's been a while since we took the family there but, as we are a family who loves to swim and enjoy waterparks, we would buy a waterpark season pass for like $99. I am sure the price is higher, if they still do this. Then we would spend the week at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach during the day and hit downtown Disney Marketplace in the evening, usually eating at the Rainforest Cafe. The one time my wife took our daughter to one of the other theme parks they both regretted it and wished they had gone to a waterpark instead. Of course, this was when we went in July...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Definitely go to Disney Springs for an afternoon. Lots of great shops there. HUGE Lego shop, the biggest Disney Store ever, and lots more. Make sure you eat at the Earl of Sandwich. YUM.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks guys.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Hmmm,

That's around where Intergalactic Trading Company used to be... (Longwood Fl)

Not sure if they're still in business though and if they have a brick and mortar store.

Might be worth checking it out.

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Definitely go to Disney Springs for an afternoon. Lots of great shops there. HUGE Lego shop, the biggest Disney Store ever, and lots more. Make sure you eat at the Earl of Sandwich. YUM.

Chris
            Earl of Sandwhich is good for sure... Another fun option is Jock Lindsey's Bar for Indiana Jones atmosphere and call backs.

Comment

• hobub
              Ghost of a Dead Indian
              • Jun 18, 2001

Boston Lobster feast. Skip the veggies, potatoes and fried seafood and go right after the lobster. I have put away a dozen that way. Oh, and visit Disney World.

Comment

• Spawn67
                Career Member
                • Aug 14, 2009

Here is a list of some awesome places to visit while your in Orlando...

ACME COMIC STORE-Huge comic and toy store (like the size of a supermarket) in longwood which os a little north of orlando. Its been there for 40 years and is a must for any toy/comic collector. http://www.acme-superstore.com/

Player 1- Not kid friendly but a awesome arcade with a bar. Plenty of old school games and systems and its not to far from disney. Get there early because it gets packed fast! https://player1orlando.com/

The vault/Gods and monsters comic store- The vault is a Mad Max/ALIEN bar (Hector if your reading this you would love it) in the back of the comic store gods and monsters. The vault is the place where I frequent the most and is not to far from the theme parks. Definetley a must and of course not kid friendly but the comic store is and you check out the bar even to see it. Its on international drive and right where you will most likley be staying...http://www.godmonsters.com/vault-5421/

Theres the Mills area which is basically ground zero for hipsters in winter park but has a nice selection of restaraunts and bars. Theres a cool record store there called Park ave Cds..http://parkavecds.com/

Theres a cool 80'S bar in downtown Orlando called Joysticks which is 80's themed and has free arcades (drinks can be kinda pricy) but worth checking out..The Goonies lounge itself is worth going to...https://www.joysticksorlando.com/

These are places off the beaten path for like minded folks and not the usual disney fare...
                Any other questions feel free to ask and these places are definetly worth checking out but remember some are not kid friendly
                Last edited by Spawn67; May 9, '18, 3:24 AM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

Lots of great ideas. I’m taking my kids so won’t be stepping into any bars but that acme comic store will definitely make the list.
                  Thanks again everyone.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Spawn67

The vault/Gods and monsters comic store- The vault is a Mad Max/ALIEN bar (Hector if your reading this you would love it) in the back of the comic store gods and monsters. The vault is the place where I frequent the most and is not to far from the theme parks. Definetley a must and of course not kid friendly but the comic store is and you check out the bar even to see it. Its on international drive and right where you will most likley be staying...http://www.godmonsters.com/vault-5421/
                    Sounds cool, I'll have to check it out on my next trip to Orlando.

Comment

• Spawn67
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 14, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                      Lots of great ideas. I’m taking my kids so won’t be stepping into any bars but that acme comic store will definitely make the list.
                      Thanks again everyone.
                      Definrtly hit up gods and monsters as its right up the street from hulk hogans store.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I suggest watching the NHC website as September is prime hurricane time here. Its a party. Last year it was Sept. 11th.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎