Thread: My latest painting...Lon Chaney as the Phantom

My latest painting...Lon Chaney as the Phantom

Starting a new series of smaller 8x10 paintings, so I can paint faster and do more characters...this is just a portion of the entire image to show the detail I'm packing into each one.

Also priming my canvas grey instead of white...cuts down on eyestrain and covers easier.

#2 is already sketched out...Curse of the Demon!

Looks amazing!
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    A great beginning for my favorite "monster."
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Are you a professional artist?

Quote Originally Posted by spockoda View Post
    Are you a professional artist?
    Off and on...I've done some magazine covers, a couple model kit boxes, a poster and a whole lot of private commissions.

But like many artists, finding steady enough work to earn a living is nearly impossible. These days I create mostly for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Off and on...I've done some magazine covers, a couple model kit boxes, a poster and a whole lot of private commissions.

But like many artists, finding steady enough work to earn a living is nearly impossible. These days I create mostly for myself.
    Okay, I can't draw or anything like that so I feel a little better knowing you have pro talent when I see the stuff you do. Your Phantom painting looks like something I would pay for to have on my wall. I had a relative through marriage whom did the artwork for the Ertl Star Trek action figures and small diecast ships in the 80's and he even sent me a painting of Kirk and Spock just for me since he knew I was a Trekker.
    Last edited by spockoda; May 11, '18 at 10:42 PM.