X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

My latest painting...Lon Chaney as the Phantom

Starting a new series of smaller 8x10 paintings, so I can paint faster and do more characters...this is just a portion of the entire image to show the detail I'm packing into each one.

Also priming my canvas grey instead of white...cuts down on eyestrain and covers easier.

#2 is already sketched out...Curse of the Demon!

• Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Looks amazing!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

A great beginning for my favorite "monster."
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• spockoda
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 14, 2018

Are you a professional artist?

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by spockoda
          Are you a professional artist?
          Off and on...I've done some magazine covers, a couple model kit boxes, a poster and a whole lot of private commissions.

But like many artists, finding steady enough work to earn a living is nearly impossible. These days I create mostly for myself.

Comment

• spockoda
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by enyawd72
            Off and on...I've done some magazine covers, a couple model kit boxes, a poster and a whole lot of private commissions.

But like many artists, finding steady enough work to earn a living is nearly impossible. These days I create mostly for myself.
            Okay, I can't draw or anything like that so I feel a little better knowing you have pro talent when I see the stuff you do. Your Phantom painting looks like something I would pay for to have on my wall. I had a relative through marriage whom did the artwork for the Ertl Star Trek action figures and small diecast ships in the 80's and he even sent me a painting of Kirk and Spock just for me since he knew I was a Trekker.
            Last edited by spockoda; May 11, '18, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• glimpy
              Loco Chango
              • Feb 5, 2012

Awesome
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎