Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HG Toys ALIEN Blaster Giant Target Set variation?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

HG Toys ALIEN Blaster Giant Target Set variation?

I completely lucked out this morning at the flea market and picked up this (currently empty) box for the ever awesome Alien target set.

Now, I've been aware of this set for forever, but never really made myself learn much about it as it always seemed to be an out-of-my-league style piece.

Looking into it today, it seems there is/was an early run variation that I never knew of that came with a dart gun instead of a ball gun.

So far the only info I'm finding is a very... ambitiously priced listing on ebay from a seller calling it a prototype, and a few other people parroting similar info w/o stating any other source.

They guy I got it from tells me he might still have the Alien standee, but knows for sure that he doesn't have the gun. I'm checking in with him about it later in the week, but not holding my breath.

As it stands, I have the outer box, cardboard insert, and the instruction sheet.

Any hardcore ALIEN or HG Toys collectors out there that might have some solid info on this version?

Figured I'd share it here regardless.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

31490824_413924292412431_7561057523927613440_n.jpg

-Justin Z-
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Hector is a huge ALIEN fan. You could direct him to this thread. Maybe he can shed some light or lead you to someone who can.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Very cool! I'd love to own even just the box for that set.

I've seen a few other pictures of that version, and this post below the guy is talking about the version you have. I assume it's an early version but don't have anything to prove that.

http://reflectionsonfilmandtelevisio...t-1979-hg.html
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

There are indeed two manufactured and released versions of the set, dart gun (as you now have the box for) and ball gun. The story on the ebay sale page is nonsense, the item being advertised is a production piece.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎